TDI 3" exhaust

Midnight

Advanced Member
Any back to back tests with this manifold against others on the market!

I appreciate they look stunning but what R&D has been put behind it to ensure there are gains?

spooke

Advanced Member
Midnight said:

I appreciate they look stunning but what R&D has been put behind it to ensure there are gains?
Alan has made a variety of systems for FN2 and EP3 all of which show good gains, a few people on here run them and are happy with the results. I'm not sure exactly what R&D he does though.

Jakke_itr said:
Also had a manifold made by solid fab aswell now and it's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering did you ask for a simple bolt and gasket connection as Alan seemed to make the new ones with v band clamps and also his Solid Fab plaque?

Looks really good and they sound epic, definitely need to get one soon...

Jakke_itr

spooke said:
Alan has made a variety of systems for FN2 and EP3 all of which show good gains, a few people on here run them and are happy with the results. I'm not sure exactly what R&D he does though.

Just wondering did you ask for a simple bolt and gasket connection as Alan seemed to make the new ones with v band clamps and also his Solid Fab plaque?

Looks really good and they sound epic, definitely need to get one soon...
This is one of his new big bore k20 mani's nope did not ask for the bolt flange but he made my full system a few months before and it had to mate up to a stock mani so when I went back in stead of cutting the flange off my exhaust he just made the mani to suit

Yes his little tags unfortunately he had run out out the week I had my mani done but if anyone ever needed to question who it was made by they Could message him or look on his page as he put up a status and pictures as he fitted it due to the whole thing being a surprise birthday present form my other

I would 1000% recommend him and his work to anyone the the results are

half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight said:

I should have some graphs soon from a customer. He had the car mapped at TDI north on Wednesday.

So he made 305hp on his k24 n/a build and with just swapping the manifold and retune, he was able to gain an additional 9hp peak and power everywhere else.

This is compared to a today manifold.

Just waiting on the graphs.

I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Alan

Midnight

Advanced Member
How much are the big bore manifolds? Are they available to order or do you require the car in person?

Thanks.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Alan also loves fitting the manifolds himself...... :xalright:

I think this topic title needs changing to SOLID FABS 3'' exhausts haha

FireDance

Advanced Member
Lewis had his car mapped with the Solid Fab exhaust & manifold, I am sure he can provide graphs.

To get a exhaust comparison, I am sure we can dyno Freya's as well as her DC5 is mapped to the old exhaust & she now has a Solid Fab one

If I can ever save enough money, I will be getting a Solid Fab & I will do back to back tests with My Power Getter & the Solid Fab 3"

kyle'87

Advanced Member
When I fit my big bore header from Solid Fabs I am going to log a run before and after and plug it into virtual Dyno and compare back to back. Then I'll book in for a map and have a 3rd test to compare everything once it is mapped to suit.