TDI 3" exhaust

Indi

Advanced Member
I'm very interested in buying one of your 3" dolphin tip systems Alan. I was wondering whether you can build a system with an external drone box built onto the back box to keep the noise levels track friendly on a supercharged car?

Indi

Advanced Member
Problem is currently I have a Fujitsubo RM01A which is one of the quiter systems even that gets black flagged on some tracks. Supercharged cars are louder than N/A at high rpm so would your super silent still be friendly?

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Keeping an eye on this. Really interested to see what you can do mate. I'll be tempted on a full system once the time comes round

Darren4

Advanced Member
Just to add my experience Alan's exhaust are a1. Took my Dc5 done to him last summer and he did a wicked job, a few of my friends with ed30's recommend him and it was a good shout.

I'm sure you guys will love his exhausts, would have kept mine but needed a different set up.. kinda miss it now :( lol

spooke

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
Just to add my experience Alan's exhaust are a1. Took my Dc5 done to him last summer and he did a wicked job, a few of my friends with ed30's recommend him and it was a good shout.

I'm sure you guys will love his exhausts, would have kept mine but needed a different set up.. kinda miss it now :( lol
Curious to know why, too loud?

I'm very interested but holding out for db readings to seal the deal :p

Rom

Advanced Member
I'm slowly thinking of changing my Buddyclub, as although I love it. It's bloody noisy.

When you say you use big boxes, what's the restriction of flow like. I know far less than you Alan I'm sure!
Basically my car is mapped to my current system. But at 110db, obviously doesn't make track limits. I've tracked it with an oem system, and it was noticeablely slower to pick up, and felt slower overall.

Ideally, I'd have it mapped to the new system. But I'm undecided if I'd be better off buying a new system. A new system just for track.
Or if you could get me with in limits with bolt in boxes, that wouldn't make it feel like the oem did. That I could change in and out as I saw fit.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Darren4

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Curious to know why, too loud?

I'm very interested but holding out for db readings to seal the deal :p
Having the wife in the car, as well as our newborn (He's not been in the car yet, due to the harshness of the ride lol) i didn't want too much noise so changed systems.

Was a perfect system, maybe when he's older i'll get another one :)

The boxes are all straight through. I use a large and long middle box as well as a larger and longer back box than the one I used on darren's.

I have spent many years developing the ep3 3inch system as that is my best seller. I have done a ton of testing on my own car to come up with a track friendly and ear friendly system.

The best thing about the dc5 us the amount of space it has compared to the ep3. Therefore I am able to make a great flowing system whilst still keeping it family friendly.

All the boxes areally completely straight through but still allow you to pass track days.

Just as a gauge, a customer of mine tested his ep3 manifold and 3 inch car back at brands and that came up at 92db@5500rpm.

A 2.5inch version was 89db@5500rmp, again at brands hatch.

The dc5 with the largest boxes will be a touch quieter than that.

Hope that clears a few questions.

FireDance

Advanced Member
solid-fabrications said:
The boxes are all straight through. I use a large and long middle box as well as a larger and longer back box than the one I used on darren's.

I have spent many years developing the ep3 3inch system as that is my best seller. I have done a ton of testing on my own car to come up with a track friendly and ear friendly system.

The best thing about the dc5 us the amount of space it has compared to the ep3. Therefore I am able to make a great flowing system whilst still keeping it family friendly.

All the boxes areally completely straight through but still allow you to pass track days.

Just as a gauge, a customer of mine tested his ep3 manifold and 3 inch car back at brands and that came up at 92db@5500rpm.

Can you make a oval system similar to the K Tune one?

I have been asked that more than once. The main issue is getting ahold of good oval tubing. I will have another look into it but I did make one before and it was a real pain to make.

Indi

Advanced Member

That's great Alan, cant wait to order mine as soon as you're ready to start making these off the shelf. One more question can you still do the titanium pie cut dolphin tip?

kyle'87

Advanced Member
solid-fabrications said:

I'm currently in the market to replace my Spoon 4-2 and 2-1 section. I am torn between the Buddy club racing header and holding out for these 'off the shelf' manifolds from Solid Fabrications.

Is there a thread dedicated to the development of these where I can ask a few questions regarding the manifold or will that all come once the jig to reproduce etc, etc is complete? :)