TDI North K20 individual throttle bodies

maxvr6

Advanced Member
If they can be mapped on a Kpro I will seriously be considering these, I wonder if they will need a surge tank to make full potential?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
If you've got KPRO already then I can't see any reason why TDI couldn't map them. It's an uprated aftermarket ECU so it should be fine. If this deal is all in for under 2k then that is a pretty good price, it's mega expensive to get ITB's.

Just as a reminder for anyone that does want them!! :xgrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoxSkSqAVrQ

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Beautiful. I think I would rather have these over forced induction too

Will sound amazing & look amazing.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Christ, I'm already in ten grands worth of debt on this fucking car the way it is - going to be paying off this bast%ard loan for the next 5 years. As tempting as it is at that price I couldn't force myself to get into more debt even if we could get a group deal. :(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Lol I wasn't serious, I think it would be a miracle to achieve a group buy on these, we'd probably need 10 people to commit in order to get a worthwhile deal and even then we'd be waiting forever for everyone to save up!

But in saying that, first person to enquire gets to ask how many kits it would take to get a better deal on them, just out of interest lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I reckon they'd do a group buy if we had the numbers but it's a lot of money.

I'm going to have to save now for any modifications even it takes me 5-6 years before I can do serious work on the car and the engine. Finding it hard to put money aside at the moment for the car.

dave7368

Advanced Member
wayne_teggy said:
I will post up an ad soon in the for sale section for the jrsc so keep an eye out , seems a great price for the throttle bodied setup , had them on my old vts spaxo and they sounded heavenly
no point having that heavenly sound if you're so far behind i can't hear it hehe...

dave c

400hp K20
I want another DC5 so i can have these on just for the sound, was chatting to TDi about them yesterday, the guys that make them are real pro's. Have contracts with ariel atom to build a load of their components so they are gonna be top notch stuff.

As others have said, dead easy to fit on a DC5 but they are currently trying to work out a solution for FN2's as they are F-B-W

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Total up the price of gruppe m, 70mm TB and ported rbc all fitted and tuned and this itb offer is pretty good value :)
This is why it got my attention, I was looking at the js racing intake that's about 1k on its own, another 1k and ITBs :), but I also would like kpro and from what iv been reading with ITBs it would be better with upgraded cams then the bill is soon mounting up :(.

Also with the k20 intake manifold being forward mounted, surely you also need some sort of filter or cover? I know you can get them.

I think it's going to be let the eager beavers do it first find any problems that might arise and see what kind of power can be achieved before a trip to TDI North is arranged.

dave7368

Advanced Member
wayne_teggy said:
evening Dave! I'd be gone with all your wheelspin and lag lol hope all is well buddy
all good thanks mate, you.. i thought a while ago the silver one may need ITB's
should have the car back next day as well lol
it would be done somewhere else though... ;)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
ok, rom what i understand, the guys on facebook were talking about fn2/fd2 version which id DBW and the problems with that as there is only flashpro available and its not nearly as good as kpro. as hondata arnt really interested/cant be arsed (they have always been like that to be fair) and paul has a good relationship with AEM, they will work on a solution.

throttle bodies will work just fine on a stock k20 and would produce around 10-20 hp with a kpro, even without cams, the price is excellent but its not confirmed what you would get exactly, but at 2k i would expect an ecu of some sort in there, as most other throttle body kits on the market are between £1000 and £2000 ish depending what exctly you get, but things like the carbon trumpets can be £100 each as an extra,

Im sure Tdi would entertain a group buy even if it was just a few of you.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
We got offered a set of these when I had my DC5, it was a good 2 years ago but I decided against it because I'd have had to remove my PAS, perhaps they've changed the design now though.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
ok, rom what i understand, the guys on facebook were talking about fn2/fd2 version which id DBW and the problems with that as there is only flashpro available and its not nearly as good as kpro. as hondata arnt really interested/cant be arsed (they have always been like that to be fair) and paul has a good relationship with AEM, they will work on a solution.

throttle bodies will work just fine on a stock k20 and would produce around 10-20 hp with a kpro, even without cams, the price is excellent but its not confirmed what you would get exactly, but at 2k i would expect an ecu of some sort in there, as most other throttle body kits on the market are between £1000 and £2000 ish depending what exctly you get, but things like the carbon trumpets can be £100 each as an extra,

Im sure Tdi would entertain a group buy even if it was just a few of you.
My mate spoke to the guys last Thursday when he was down as we were looking at possibilities on my car. The full setup as pictured (fuel rail, trumpets CNC flange etc) came in around £1k to £1100.

Also the Flange profile can be thinned/thickened to suit any K series application (as with our car space being an issue a thinner setup may be beneficial) and also the ability to split the flange and main setup to insert a curved section to again allow for space/ directing the TB's to suit.

This being said if TDI are looking for £2k supplied fitted and mapped, I would expect there to be additional components in that deal (injectors or ECU that sort of thing).

Gordon

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
This option is looking more tempting by the day. If it's an ecu included job, then I'll be extremely interested. Add in a set of drop in cams and I'll be happy as Larry.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
This option is looking more tempting by the day. If it's an ecu included job, then I'll be extremely interested. Add in a set of drop in cams and I'll be happy as Larry.
The price I mentioned was supply only from Titan mate if you includ TDIs fitting costs I doubt and ECU would be in the £2k package.

Never know I guess we will see ;)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
ECU would be unlikely to be included. Mapping would be £350 ish, fitting maybe £120 for a couple hours work and the rest on parts.