TDI North K20 individual throttle bodies

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Would the noise of these plus exhaust even pass noise regs on track?

Pointless if you have to run a bung. And you couldnt leave them open incase they suck in small children or animals so a filter would be needed which would restrict power too

jambo

Advanced Member
Would love these on my k20 eg haha. Anyone want a brand new rbc manifold and hybrid racing 70mm throttle body lol

THE X

I really wouldn't worry about powder loss from a filter, it's nothing, it would be madness not to run one. A lot of cars make more powder with air boxes also.

As for drive-ability it really depends on so many things, such as other component choices, but especially set up, mapping, body/trumpet diameter & length.

My old car on ITB's would happily pull from low revs with an awesome crackle at about 3k revs into a howl then roar to 8K. That was running on an emerald and cold start did take a bit of work to get sorted. It was loud (running a sausage filter), however it didn't boom in the same way as a loud exhaust, but if I was to do it again I would run an airbox, especially if a daily driver.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I was thinking airbox for daily driving too but what are the options? I only know of the Toda?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
I was thinking airbox for daily driving too but what are the options? I only know of the Toda?
You can look up some ITB airboxs from Demon tweeks. Pipercross makes one for cheap and theres another Sliverstone carbon box which cost a bomb.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ha ha ha shifting like a boss!!! That guy laughing in the background! lol

I do shit like they're doing when I'm in the shower dreaming of having ITB's on my car, pretend noises and that ha ha!!!

My mate whenever he gets in my car always does a 'Psssst......pssssssst........pssssst' whenever I change gear to mimick the sound of a dump valve even though I don't even have a turbo in my car ha ha!!! :xgrin:

C2AXG

Advanced Member
I'm awaiting power resuls from these.
I have a standard engine and I'm not buying all the parts again if these ITBs make the same or more power with decent daily reliability.
We need dyno figures on k20a!!!

mil1lion

Advanced Member
TDI came to our stand at JAE with the monsterous sounding EP3 with K24. It sounded fucking amazing with their ITB's

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxZcxm04Uwk[/YOUTUBE]