TDI North K20 individual throttle bodies

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Paul already confirmed the 2k price included the ITBs, fitting and a map. Anyone want to buy my ported RBC and 70mm TB :p

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
It would be good if we could get an actual statement from the TDi guys. From the horses mouth so to speak, at least this way we would know exactly what the package will include. I can imagine if they came with everything you need to run them for £2k there'll be a lot of interest, it just makes me wonder how many people will go through with it. I know for one I'll have the money around August time due to some shares maturing. I was looking to spend about £3-4k on the Teg getting him properly sorted, this was going to be a KPro, Cage, stripped interior, some suspension work etc. Now I've managed to get my exhaust sorted, and with the promise of these bodies, my plans may change slightly. I still want the KPro, no matter what, but if the price is right for these as a package along with cams, then I'll be at the front of the cue that month.

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
It's not so much the power gains with throttle bodies , it's the flow and the way the car will rev , you will see gains of course as they are very finely tuned on the dyno

coolerking

Advanced Member
i quite fancy these, mines is high compression build, so I would be interested to see what kind of power it would make, I would mostly like them just for the noise lol.

driveability not affected quite badly? mines can be a pain as it is.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
If you've already got a high compression engine then you should see good gains and certainly more torque.

I think driveability is good with them as they get mapped for whatever you're using the car for whether it's the road, track or rallying. I believe they take a while to map though but they're not like carbs which will rev and idle all over the place as they're tuned along with an ECU.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
coolerking said:
i quite fancy these, mines is high compression build, so I would be interested to see what kind of power it would make, I would mostly like them just for the noise lol.

driveability not affected quite badly? mines can be a pain as it is.
Unfortunately there are downside to these ITBs conversion... The driveability are not the greatest for daily, i had Jenveys ITBs with cams on my old GTI-6 power car, and it was a real pain to drive round town. The engine has to be fully warmed up to respond properly, you have to rev it high to move any where, and once it's warmed up it still wont respond as quickly as conventional inlet manifold. There seems to be alot of lag below 3000rpm but once it gets going it, you can feel one big power band from mid to top end. For motorway driving is not exactly comfortable with the constant booming noise, it gets tiring quickly. Don't get me wrong, the ITBs are awesome for pure thrashing, they sound like thunder and looks the part, but for me driveablity is the most important thing for a performance car.

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
I had at power bodies on my cammed vts and the throttle response was so responsive almost instant.
It depends what cams you go for , higher lift cams and you'll find your powerband will be higher yes and probably have a lumpy idle.

coolerking

Advanced Member
im running TDI North's cams as well, but from what bonson says it could be a real pain getting around, that coupled with pro spec 3 i have, i think i may look like an idiot driving around town lol, think I'll look into it more, for the time being i'll go with RRC

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it depends alot on how the bodies are setup and controlled, i drove an ep3 with itb's and it was ok, infact better than i expected, i think alot of that was due to kpro and the way the std ecu works, on many other cars the only way to fit them is to replace the ecu with an aftermarket one , these are much harder to get right especially part throttle and cold start you wont have so many problems with this because of kpro.

Bonson, what ecu did you have?

dave c

400hp K20
coolerking said:
im running TDI North's cams as well, but from what bonson says it could be a real pain getting around, that coupled with pro spec 3 i have, i think i may look like an idiot driving around town lol, think I'll look into it more, for the time being i'll go with RRC
What power did you make in the end with your setup, you replaced a hydra locked engine with a high spec N/A build right?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
it depends alot on how the bodies are setup and controlled, i drove an ep3 with itb's and it was ok, infact better than i expected, i think alot of that was due to kpro and the way the std ecu works, on many other cars the only way to fit them is to replace the ecu with an aftermarket one , these are much harder to get right especially part throttle and cold start you wont have so many problems with this because of kpro.

Bonson, what ecu did you have?
It was the Omex 600 standalone system.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
im not knocking the omex at all for a value for money ecu its excellent, but i dont think it is a patch on a honda ecu with kpro especially for part throttle and cruising, with all respect to your pug , i would be dissapointed if a properly mapped dc5 on itb's and kpro wasnt leap years ahead from a drive point of view .

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
posted this morning from TDI:

K20A throttle bodies just arrived for testing from Titan.

Unbelievable quality and the photos don't do them justice. These are supplied with Ali trumpets as we will be handling them a fair bit then the carbon ones go on when finished.

Kits will come supplied with the billet fuel rail and carbon trumpets. Cost is expected to be sub £2k supplied fitted and tuned. (won't include injectors or ecu solution).

For anyone asking about power increase also this is a comment back to a customer:

For all those asking about expected gains you don't buy these to just make power. You have ITB's for the look, sound and to have the ultimate NA screamer...... quite literally

Just for those who dont follow TDI or don't have Facebook

integraleo

Advanced Member
Depending on if you have kpro already if indeed they can tune it on that and not just aem.just add injectors then.
But still 2300+ for looks and sound and a bit more power ( 20 ish at a guess) some people have paid that for a j's racing titanium exhaust