Test Drove FD2 JDM CTR today...

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
i do believe those tires make a big difference...i ...but am sure they must have improve the handling too..

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Decklogic1 said:
:cry: I would settle for actually receiving my DC5.
Cheer up allan,

Once the car is safely resting on your drive - the seemingly long wait will be all but a distant memory!! :wink:

Andy

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Basic answer = no, they are made in only 1 size, for this civic, NSX and a certain wheel type on an EVO..

225/40/18 i think.

keevster said:
Raffe said:
Very interested in these RE070's though, they available in Dc5 fitment?

Yeh, i would be interested in the tyres also. :lol:

Paul :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
Those tyres are on scoobs too in 17 dont forget. Ive seen them and drove the scoob with them on, one of the best tyres ive ever tried. :shock:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Sounds very promising 8)

Blue with dark wheels with a few options would be nice.

*Goes to tell the missus she might be moving back in with her rents & selling the flat :lol: *

Stuart_M

Good write up and pics, Whats this cars OTR price?...does look very nice and will be interested in the future, although can't help thinking if they can do that with a run of the mill Civic, would love to see Honda give there engineers and designers free reign to come up with a new Teg.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Stuart_M said:
Good write up and pics, Whats this cars OTR price?...does look very nice and will be interested in the future, although can't help thinking if they can do that with a run of the mill Civic, would love to see Honda give there engineers and designers free reign to come up with a new Teg.
True enough Stu but i think we all conceded a few months ago that this is Hondas new Dc5.....

Sad but true - they could have easily called this a Teg rather than a civic but i guess the civic is the flagship name...

Is this the end of the Integra???

I dont think so - but i dont think anything will be happening with the Integra Type R now for a few years at least...

time will tell i guess, but until then - this is the new DC5!! :D

Gary

Advanced Member
Does anyone have any theories as to why a Type R was made with 4 doors??? I just can't get my head round this :?

Livvy

Advanced Member
Gary said:
Does anyone have any theories as to why a Type R was made with 4 doors??? I just can't get my head round this :?

Maybe they discovered the 4 door had a stiffer shell, therefore making it better on track.

Also more appealing to families.

It is also not the 1st 4 door type R. I would rather have 4 doors :)

iwantdc5

Advanced Member
but i believe this is the first "JDM"(proper) 4 door Type R.

because the Accord Type R was only EU market?

I think Honda wants a car in the Evo/Subraru market?

tara

Advanced Member
iwantdc5 said:

I am not so sure as it would need a lot more power to enter into that market IMO but could easily be a leader in the one its intended for :wink:

Livvy

Advanced Member
iwantdc5 said:

What about the DB8? :?

iwantdc5

Advanced Member
haha oh yeah livvy! my bad....

then I guess maybe it is because it is got a good chassis or something

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Beast! and you are one LUCKY guy!

I'm liking the Jap Civic Type-R, much better than the crappy looking one we get! (Imo of course!, lol) I've had my fill now of Hatchbacks.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
iwantdc5 said:
Don't think so. It's still only FWD.

I see what you mean style-wise though. It looks like a cross between an Evo 8 and a Vauxhall Vectra. Doesn't do it for me personally.