Test Drove FD2 JDM CTR today...

Raffe

Advanced Member
Livvy said:
iwantdc5 said:
but i believe this is the first "JDM"(proper) 4 door Type R.

because the Accord Type R was only EU market?

I think Honda wants a car in the Evo/Subraru market?
What about the DB8? :?
There was also a JDM version of the ATR which looked quite different :lol:

Someone on the Dc2 forum bought one and it looked quite smart...I am wanting to say CL7 :?

kingston

Advanced Member
why has he got 2 H badges on the front?

doesn anyone else notice the similarities between the above rear lights and the FD2?

Neil_H

Advanced Member
When they make it without the back doors I'll be interested, with 4 doors it just looks too much like a souped up family car for me.

dan the man

Advanced Member
kingston said:
why has he got 2 H badges on the front?

doesn anyone else notice the similarities between the above rear lights and the FD2?
because he has put red badges on it.

Gary

Advanced Member
Livvy said:
Gary said:
Does anyone have any theories as to why a Type R was made with 4 doors??? I just can't get my head round this :?

Maybe they discovered the 4 door had a stiffer shell, therefore making it better on track.

Also more appealing to families.

It is also not the 1st 4 door type R. I would rather have 4 doors :)
Hi Livvy, altho that seems to be the only possible explanation cos without wanting to explain the obvious you are adding another two doors, it's seems very much like a paradox to me!
I mean the Accord Sport I could understand, but why would Honda wanna make a TypeR Civic that appeals to families, and as for wantin to compete with Scoobies and Evos can anyone honestly remember when they last saw either car with someone in the back seat??? plus it makes the boot less practical on B&Q Sundays :wink:

giger

Hi

I also drove this last weekend and it it quite a machine. Got chance to take it out in the dry and the grip levels are mind boggling. You can set it up and just plant it into corners and it doesn't budge an inch. It's got a great on cam noise as well, proper old school type R with no sound deadening.

According to a jap website this is aimed at young japanese men, with good jobs and famailies, the main audience for this cars as they are the ones with the money to spend.

Makes sense to me. This isn't a new Teg, this is a new ATR (same suspension setup, helical LSD). Ignore the 4 doors, it feels like small car to drive but with added practicality (other than the fact the rear seats down drop - a big gripe I have with my ATR!)

This being an ITR forum I can understand you're all 3 door fans. Personally I think the DC5 looks too squashed but there you go!

Here's a few pics from when I drove it

giger

I thought it looked odd until I saw the thing for real. Rear bumper looks strange due to diffuser (which didn't photo too well) but when you can actually see it the lines don't look as bizarre as some photos may suggest.
The dashboard is very big though and takes some getting used to. A nice Mugen part will take car of the chrome grill 8)

I think they'll be a few of these on the roads

keevster

Advanced Member
I personally think that the 4 doors are very appealing, it is one thing i hate about the DC5, the fact that your passengers have to clamber in and scrape your sills :lol: :shock:

I also think these will take off over here, as i said, a couple of years down the line they should be in a lot of folks price range, well hopefully mine. In a couple of years i would seriously think of chopping the DC5 in for one :lol:

Paul :wink:

JDC5

Charged DC5
on the rear spoiler... is it sprayed black? of two parts?

hmmm.. wonder how this would look on the dc5..

to be honest, this car looks good.. if i had a spare 10k i would have looked into buyin this.. but that wasnt the case! lol the car is growin on me.. but hey.. i'm more then happy with my teg..

JD

Evs

Advanced Member
Thanks for the write-up giger. Nice looking ATR too btw - black facelift, oh yes 8) :D

I really like the look of these and the reports on how they drive have been very promising. I personally DGAF how many doors it's got - hatchbacks are more practical for carting bikes around but I've always liked four-door saloons for the understatement. Tempted to get one to replace my Accord, but I think I'll wait for the prices to drop a bit.

giger

Cheers Evs 8)

You got an ATR or regular accord?

I have seen the FD2 advertised as cheap as £19.5 OTR :shock: However a certain person on here is offering them at a good price and you guys seem to put quite a bit of DC5 business his way.

As you say it don't matter how many doors it's got it's how it drives -
This is probably the only car I would consider selling my ATR for.

Wonder if it's likely there will be any issues with the early ones?

Evs

Advanced Member
giger said:
Cheers Evs 8)

You got an ATR or regular accord?
Nah it's an i-CTDI saloon :oops:

Nice motorway mile muncher, does the job I want it to do.

I'm a big fan of ATRs though, been half thinking of chopping it in for one but think I'd miss the economy. FD2 would be less of a drop in that respect as I think the K20 is more efficient than the H22.

Have to see how things pan out... :-k

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Good to see another driver that likes the car aswell, i agree with what you say about size, it didnt feel like a bigger car than the teg despite the extra doors, and i feel it was even more nimble etc.. aswell.

In the flesh they do look fantastic, and for the money i think its an excellent car!