The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Chewy

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Where did you get them from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

What is the fit like?
I picked them up privately from Jono (Re-Spirit) in the end, but imported the prices are circa £520 at present I believe.

In terms of fitment, personally I'd give them a 7.5/10, The side pictured above fits very well once they were spaced out correctly but the other side where the top of the wing meets the pillars isn't 100%, I'll be putting more information/details about them in my thread in the next few days.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I collected the car yesterday from TGM after dropping it off 6 weeks ago and was shocked at how good and fresh it looked. Tom, Will and James at TGM all said it's one of the best examples they've and that it's in amazing condition and the engine, chain etc are also in perfect shape. (All good things to hear).

Work carried out was a full repaint, rocker repainted in spoon yellow, rust prevention and treatment throughout the whole car, fresh under seal, new rocker gasket, valve clearances checked, timing chain and engine inspection carried out, new rear light seals, brand new oem stickers and badges all round, new number plates and I think that's it.

I have a sticky front plate but have ordered a beatrush plate holder and also a set of carbon engine and spark plug covers to set off the Spoon yellow rocker.

Here are a few pics of it once I got home so I hope you all like it.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I collected the car yesterday from TGM after dropping it off 6 weeks ago and was shocked at how good and fresh it looked. Tom, Will and James at TGM all said it's one of the best examples they've and that it's in amazing condition and the engine, chain etc are also in perfect shape. (All good things to hear).

Work carried out was a full repaint, rocker repainted in spoon yellow, rust prevention and treatment throughout the whole car, fresh under seal, new rocker gasket, valve clearances checked, timing chain and engine inspection carried out, new rear light seals, brand new oem stickers and badges all round, new number plates and I think that's it.

I have a sticky front plate but have ordered a beatrush plate holder and also a set of carbon engine and spark plug covers to set off the Spoon yellow rocker.

Here are a few pics of it once I got home so I hope you all like it.

Looks like were in 2001/2 again mate!

Looks absoltely spot on and probably me just being all JDM fan boy, LOL, but imo it looks iconic in those pics, with it being so factory fresh OEM and showroom condition. I bet you're made up with it chap! I know I would be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Looks like were in 2001/2 again mate!

Looks absoltely spot on and probably me just being all JDM fan boy, LOL, but imo it looks iconic in those pics, with it being so factory fresh OEM and showroom condition. I bet you're made up with it chap! I know I would be.

Mate you have no idea, I was so worried I'd thrown a lot of money at it and it'd have been wasted but as soon as I saw it I was in shock at how good they look fresh. James at TGM was also good enough to do some pics throughout the work for me so I have a portfolio :)

It was going to be tracked a lot but now will see the track but at limited times, all oem parts still here (suspension etc) so one day I may return it fully so it's 100% factory fresh.

Jason (Tonks) saw it yesterday when he came to show me his FK2 (which is a thing of beauty).

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Mate you have no idea, I was so worried I'd thrown a lot of money at it and it'd have been wasted but as soon as I saw it I was in shock at how good they look fresh. James at TGM was also good enough to do some pics throughout the work for me so I have a portfolio :)

It was going to be tracked a lot but now will see the track but at limited times, all oem parts still here (suspension etc) so one day I may return it fully so it's 100% factory fresh.

Jason (Tonks) saw it yesterday when he came to show me his FK2 (which is a thing of beauty).
Cracking stuff!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Cracking!!

Looks best plateless
Agreed - plates in the window today and only got one journey to make to see my dad so after it remains off the road til my beatrush plate holder arrives as then it won't be on the bumper at all or damage it and it's easily removed by two bolts ;-)

badeshi

Advanced Member
New suspension! And pleased fitted myself... Although now noticed small oil leak from oil sump sensor so have another weekend job now!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk