Thinking of selling up, will I regret it?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Yeh I just can't see how a golf could be anywhere near same league. What do the s15 go for these days?

Only real suggestion I had was an m3! Why not an m3?

330D Msport?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Yeh I just can't see how a golf could be anywhere near same league. What do the s15 go for these days?

330D Msport?
s15 are about te same as a dc5 price wise, they are lovely would love to drive one

redcap

Advanced Member
Modmedia said:
If you are trying so hard to find another car then does that not show that the DC5 is great ;)
There is certainly very little to tempt me away from my Car. Refinement is appealing because it's a daily driver. Drove a Van the other day for several hundred miles. The first 3 mins back in the DC5 it felt awesome and then it just feels normal and too familure again.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
sold my s2k to get a dc5 and never looked back ! never had a 350z but i have test drove one, i found it fast but did not feel racey at all. love the dc5 , best car i have ever had ! :xvtec:

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Have you thought about further refining the dc5 if that's your thing? I know what you mean because my last car was a BMW and it's nice to have that solid feeling and a quiet cabin. The straight six had a lovely note at high revs but didn't turn your brain to mush. I love the dc5 but am looking for just slightly more compromise in refinement. It's not bad as it is compared with dc2 its way more refined but I'm looking to just add to that slightly with some sound mat throughout the interior and some more plush materials. Just an idea?

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
ok ok you forced me to post my old zed! ;)

yup it was the rag top/roadster. everyones gotta own a convertable at some point and this was mine :)

looked fantastic with the top down, the arse was a bit big with the top up compared to the coupe but damn it was a nice car

davidpingu

Advanced Member
It's the rear that I dislike most about the 350. Everything else looks good. Glad to see they got it right with the 370. That rear in gunmetal grey is absolutely stunning!

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Drove my mates 350. Lovely car and nice n smooth but as your going up the gears and power....it's just.... Blah. No real fun at all.

If your going to stick to jap, maybe look for a well maintained scooby like an rb320? U can get some really good scoobs for 10k these days.

But even they don't compare to the fun/noise/look of a DC5. What other car can u do almost 450miles from a 2ltr engine at an average of 80mph that gives u the same ear to ear grin and draws attention from every other driver around you?

hoova78

dotty said:
R32 = boring as hell.
Absolutely! Sound great but feel very very dull! My Mk5 GTi Pirelli Edition was fun but then it was pushing 312bhp/325lb ft. But I find my DC5 far more fun to drive!

hoova78

davidpingu said:

330D Msport?
I had an E46 M3 for 4 1/2 years and I have to say the car is pretty much perfect! Fantastic handling, amazing engine and sounds great......BUT...the running costs are something else entirely! I was getting through rear tyres every 5-6 months at £500+ a set, fuel economy great on motorways/long runs at approx 30mpg but around town drops to 14 at the very most and insurance is high (paid £1200 vs £400 on the DC5 and £600 on the GTi).

alucardo

Advanced Member
Sgtscotty182 said:
Drove my mates 350. Lovely car and nice n smooth but as your going up the gears and power....it's just.... Blah. No real fun at all.

If your going to stick to jap, maybe look for a well maintained scooby like an rb320? U can get some really good scoobs for 10k these days.

But even they don't compare to the fun/noise/look of a DC5. What other car can u do almost 450miles from a 2ltr engine at an average of 80mph that gives u the same ear to ear grin and draws attention from every other driver around you?
41 mpg??

Most ive had on mine is 35 and that was driving at 65 on motorways just to see if i could....Wish mine would do 40 mpg at 80

FD2 will give you just as much smiles if not more...

Im currently looking at changing:

s2000
Evo
350z
FD2

Is the short list ive come up with or I may get two cars and have more aggressive track/road weekend toy...

redcap

Advanced Member
alucardo said:
41 mpg??

Most ive had on mine is 35 and that was driving at 65 on motorways just to see if i could....Wish mine would do 40 mpg at 80

FD2 will give you just as much smiles if not more...

Im currently looking at changing:

s2000
Evo
350z
FD2

Is the short list ive come up with or I may get two cars and have more aggressive track/road weekend toy...
Same here, my mpg is probably about 28 I reckon. I've also considered the FD2 but it's a big car and not as good looking (being PC) as the DC5 IMO. I've wanted an S2000 GT for ages but the Insurance is hard to justify and I want a white one so I'd be looking at a vinyl wrap I guess so that's + £1500-2000 unless I can find a GP100 for a good price which is unlikely! Black is probably the only other colour I'd go for. The 350z I'd be happy with a black or may be a silver one.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I've never driven a 350z but have been in a fair few and from a passenger point of view would say they are a great GT car. They sound lovely too but then all the ones I have been in have been modified.

Two of the ones I've been in have the Chargespeed kit and I personally think they look lush.

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
alucardo said:
41 mpg??

Yeah it was a nice long drive from Walton on Thames, londonshire. All the way up to Glasgow. Took it nice n easy with no Vtec and 6th gear. Managed to do that distance on just over 3/4 of a tank.

Don't get me wrong, I managed to burn 1/4 of a tank in 15minutes on Saturday but that was a fun 15 minutes :)

redcap

Advanced Member
_BILLY_EK9_ said:
I'm 22 and my dc5 cost more to insure than a s2k
I'm surprised by that, i'm 36 and my DC5 costs me about £200 less to insure than an S2000 would, I mainly put this down to it being a soft top.

I am paying £500 for my insurance though not £3k like some people are on here due to age and no claims etc.

ckyuen

Sgtscotty182 said:
Yeah it was a nice long drive from Walton on Thames, londonshire. All the way up to Glasgow. Took it nice n easy with no Vtec and 6th gear. Managed to do that distance on just over 3/4 of a tank.

Don't get me wrong, I managed to burn 1/4 of a tank in 15minutes on Saturday but that was a fun 15 minutes :)
Do you live in Walton? I used to see a DC5 flying around with black wheels, it could be you?