What tyres do you use?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Is there much difference between the standard 215 and the 225? I know RE070 come in that size. I'm just not sure if I like the extra amount of tyre in the arches.

Currently running Eagle F1 (XL). Not tried any other tyre on the Teg yet but they seem pretty good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James*1829

I've currently got Eagle F1s as there very good in the wet, so good for this time of year. Although as already said they have pretty soft sidewalls so not the best for driving fast on. I will be using ad08r when the weather improves though, as there a brilliant tyre in my opinion and had them on my last couple of cars and couldn't really fault them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
F1 XL sidewalls are 94, ad08r are 87 so technically quite a bit softer sidewall
I was thinking about this when looking around
How does this technically work in favour for the ad08r?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd never go for the Goodyear Eagles again, too soft and squidgy and don't inspire confidence even in the wet. Wider ones may be better though. Will likely be AD08R for me next but I do love the look of Potenza RE070's.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I'd never go for the Goodyear Eagles again, too soft and squidgy and don't inspire confidence even in the wet. Wider ones may be better though. Will likely be AD08R for me next but I do love the look of Potenza RE070's.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
What size tyres are you running?
There aren't many negatives on Goodyear F1s on here although some owners prefer others they have tried

James*1829

Patch_teg said:
I was thinking about this when looking around
How does this technically work in favour for the ad08r?
Yokohama put a steel insert in the sidewalls of the ado8r to stiffen it and improve the performance of the tyre. The load index of a tyre doesn't necessarily have any affect on the strength of the sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
What size tyres are you running?
There aren't many negatives on Goodyear F1s on here although some owners prefer others they have tried
195's mate.

dave c

400hp K20
Normally RE070's but had R888's on this winter and they are surprisingly good in the wet too :xaiweb6:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
dave c said:
Normally RE070's but had R888's on this winter and they are surprisingly good in the wet too :xaiweb6:
From what I have heard the triple 8's and the AD08R's are both on par with each other. It just depends on price and preference.

dave c

400hp K20
ad08r are good, i have them on the front of my Altezza but i would rate the r888's on the teg as having more overall grip. Hard to tell obviously being on different cars but both excellent tyres.

The RE070's are the best all rounder imo tho, cheaper, last far far longer, less road noise and the grip isn't far off the 888 or the ad08r

Fez

Advanced Member
Re070's for me atm.
Car came on eagle f1's which were alot better than i expected, but re070's are better.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
dave c said:
ad08r are good, i have them on the front of my Altezza but i would rate the r888's on the teg as having more overall grip. Hard to tell obviously being on different cars but both excellent tyres.

The RE070's are the best all rounder imo tho, cheaper, last far far longer, less road noise and the grip isn't far off the 888 or the ad08r
What are they like in the wet though, is there still decent grip from them?

I'm torn between them and the AD08R's but the RE070 look so cool and look a better gripping tyre but just don't want to regret paying the extra 20 odd pound a corner only to find I'm no better off.

I'll be in a position next month to get some new tyres I hope.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
dave c said:
RE070 comparable to R888, are you sure? Imo they're world's away from each other. Cold bite might be close, but once they've got heat into them the track orientated tyre should leave the re070 for dead.

Crazylegs, why are you running 195's?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Re070 s here,my favourite tyre. Can't be beaten for dry grip in terms of value for money, I mean 70 quid a tyre for a top quality tyre is insane! If the price jumped to 100 quid a tyre I'd still pick them. It's not all about maximum grip tyre feel has a big part to play too and you can really lean on them and feel exactly what's going on. Super stiff sidewalls, on a ruitine tyre pressure check one had nail in the tyre and pressure had dropped to 9 psi!!! Still looked fairly normal and didn't look flat due to sidewalls stiffness

jrscho

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Re070 s here,my favourite tyre. Can't be beaten for dry grip in terms of value for money, I mean 70 quid a tyre for a top quality tyre is insane! If the price jumped to 100 quid a tyre I'd still pick them. It's not all about maximum grip tyre feel has a big part to play too and you can really lean on them and feel exactly what's going on. Super stiff sidewalls, on a ruitine tyre pressure check one had nail in the tyre and pressure had dropped to 9 psi!!! Still looked fairly normal and didn't look flat due to sidewalls stiffness
That's interesting Leo... How do you find them in the wet? Good for me to get an opinion from you since jrsc also..

integraleo

Advanced Member
As always especially charged they will spin up in the wet but are definitely not dangerous if driven steady. And to be honest I don't boot it when it's wet anyway there's no point. There is always a compromise between wet/dry grip on any tyre but dry grip much more important... And feedback. Had eagle f1s before which are really good in the wet ok in the dry but no where near as good in the dry

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

jrscho

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
As always especially charged they will spin up in the wet but are definitely not dangerous if driven steady. And to be honest I don't boot it when it's wet anyway there's no point. There is always a compromise between wet/dry grip on any tyre but dry grip much more important... And feedback. Had eagle f1s before which are really good in the wet ok in the dry but no where near as good in the dry

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Interesting....I don't boot it in wet either, don't feel safe lol. Only ever used ad08r's but in all honesty don't feel too safe in them when it rains! Feel the car slide abit on the odd occasion on motorway and that's me driving very careful and under the speed limit too! But in the dry cannot fault them! Keep wanting to try new tyres but don't know what either.. Cheers for the feedback! :)