What tyres do you use?

dave7368

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
some of the top end hankook and kumho tyres are really good but tend to get over looked because of brand snobbery, particularly the Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 and Kumho V70A Ecsta l've used both on high powered cars apart from the teg and can't fault them, both of these companies supply tyres to race series all over the world so can't be that bad, just as long as you can get over yourself and accept the fact they don't say goodyear or bridgestone on the sides...
Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 are really good tyres, cant comment on the kumho, not tried them, but they are definitely not a budget tyre option, imo..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
some of the top end hankook and kumho tyres are really good but tend to get over looked because of brand snobbery, particularly the Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 and Kumho V70A Ecsta l've used both on high powered cars apart from the teg and can't fault them, both of these companies supply tyres to race series all over the world so can't be that bad, just as long as you can get over yourself and accept the fact they don't say goodyear or bridgestone on the sides...
Avon as well, another manufacturer who have a racing pedigree.

Kumho do a lot with rallying.

jrscho said:
That's weird... I thought when you get new tyres you had to get a new Frsu? That's what I was told before...
Haven't got a clue mate, don't know enough about how these things work.

What I posted above was in reference to changing the worn tyres that were on the front and changing the better tread tyres from the rear to front. Not sure if changing the tyres completely will impact the geometry setup but I'm keen to know.

As James said above changing the tyres will give more grip and it's not as though the geo is out completely I'd have thought, again I don't know enough about how it works.

p1tse

Advanced Member
CrazyLegs
I think you'll be fine as per other response above
Any new tyre with more than legal limit and the smaller and non recommended size will be better

As per geo, I was told tyre pressure, tread, wear can alter things , but maybe you won't notice and get a positive effect with correct tyre sizing

I believe mine will scrub due to the springs which are on, mix of eibach pro kit and sport line

Mark_teg

Staff member
Patch_teg said:
CrazyLegs
I think you'll be fine as per other response above
Any new tyre with more than legal limit and the smaller and non recommended size will be better
As per geo, I was told tyre pressure, tread, wear can alter things , but maybe you won't notice and get a positive effect with correct tyre sizing
I believe mine will scrub due to the springs which are on, mix of eibach pro kit and sport line
They will scrub due to the aftermarket wheels being wider and lower offset ;)

ekchris139

Advanced Member
Have goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2's on mine at the minute. Great tyre for the wet which suits my country perfectly as all it does is rain here (Ireland). Give a good bit of confidence in the dry too but as said you can really feel the soft side walls. Got a set of 4 for 424 euro delivered so couldn't argue with price. Plenty of thread left on them too so be waiting a while for new tyres

Think my next tyres will be RE070's

Quincy

Recently got 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's (215/45/17). Great in the wet & dry, so very happy so far :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
AD08R's in 225 all year round in the past, now they are my track tyres. Moved to RE050 in OEM 215 width and they are a better tyre in every single aspect for the road.
Do you still rate the re050? I've been told at least 4 weeks wait for some new ad08r but need tyres sooner. I also can't run 225 width, i.e. re070 due to my wheel offset so will have to try another tyre from the ad08r norm!

spooke

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Do you still rate the re050? I've been told at least 4 weeks wait for some new ad08r but need tyres sooner. I also can't run 225 width, i.e. re070 due to my wheel offset so will have to try another tyre from the ad08r norm!
Personally I wouldn't use anything other now, give ckh a PM. I got some AD08R's off him and he may have some more 215's in stock.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I messaged ckh but no reply yet... Just been told mid July the stock is due back in so looks like I need to try a different tyre but only 215 fitment.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Annoyingly my rear right RE070 has picked up a screw. No noticeable difference unless nailing it (pun intended) when it felt slightly soft.

The tyre in this picture has 4 psi of pressure. Shows how stiff / strong the sidewall is!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Yeah I still love them. They've lasted well so far, the grip is near identical on the road, they are much more quiet for commutes, better mpg (this may be due to the alloys I run being lighter as well as the tyres being lighter) and the steering isn't as heavy at slow speeds.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hmmm- Just been through this thread and i'm in two minds again.

I'm stuck between Ad08's or the Re070 both 225/45/17.

How many miles do you guys get from your experiences with each tyre? As I am aware that the AD08's do not come with much thread to begin with?

I don't mind paying the extra £20 a corner for the AD08s if they are worth it...

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I decided to wait for the ad08r to come back in stock, hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
Looking back through my service book I got 20k out of the fronts and 25k out of the rears.
At this point I swapped the tyres since the rears still had a few mm left. Unfortunately I am now at the limit all round while waiting for the Yokohama back order!