What would you replace your teg with if you had to?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
My wife has an Evo 7 basically the interior is plain but she didn't buy it for that :) the Teg interior is nicer don't think the 350z interior is much different to the Evo. As for servicing the Oil change every 4500miles and recently Mitsubushi have changed the AYC servicing intervals from 4500miles to 9000miles (as per MLR forum), obviously if your AYC oil doesn't look clean or you drive the car particulary hard then it would be best to change it rather than hang out for the 9000miles.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
i have just bought a 350z (well about 4 months ago ) and have to say that it is amazing Kuro black with all the GT extras, its a very different drive compared to my DC5 a lot more power low down and still a very exclusive car on the roads all be it not as much as the teg. when it comes to practibility i cant believe how little space it has with only two seats you expect it to have a load of boot space but it is about half of the teg.

i still have the teg and sometimes think of keeping it and selling on the Z as the missus prefers but i like the drive and the buzz you get trying to keep the back end in check when opening it up on the back roads.

it does feel quick and have no doubt that it would beat the teg in a race but you dont get the same feeling of speed probably cause of the extra weight.

fuel wise it is about the same and my insurance dropped down by half cause it wasnt an import which i hadnt thought about and was quite supprised.

its is easy to say get an old ferrari or a TVR ( which i did consider ) but the running costs where too much and the next best thing to the teg in my eyes was the 350, it isnt much of a step up more a step to the side but as long as you dont mind the loss of two seats and the boot space you will love it.

just my tuppence :roll:

tedg

Advanced Member
What would you replace your teg with if you had to?

If i had to replace it with something, it would be a car-loving dish-cleaning zero-maintenance supermodel, loaded with cash.

Thats that problem solved.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hmm... but since i love coupes so much... what about these...

rear wheeled drive n monster torque figures...

CLK DTM... how much are those in the UK i wonder???

Attachments

gaz3434

Advanced Member
Ken A said:
E39 M5 is one savage car...400bhp and RWD :lol: :lol:
Drool drool
A mate of mine bought an Estoril blue E39 M5 a few months ago and got a Hayward & Scott stainless steel straight thru exhaust for it and together with the V8 engine it sounds absolutely awesome, even better than my dad's old V8 TVR Chimaera! But because it sounds so good he can't help flooring it everywhere and is currently getting an average of 18mpg out of it! Servicing costs aren't cheap either, with it bein BMW and V8. It is extraordinarily quick tho for such a big car and also a very comfortable cruiser with all the usual BMW extras.

Another friend just got an M3 CSL a few weeks ago with a full Schnitzer exhaust on it and it also sounds fantastic - I'm not a big fan of M3's (or BMW's in general) but this thing sounds like a snarling beast when he steps on the loud pedal! I've not heard any other car quite like it. Again tho, fuel economy is poor (low 20's mpg) and you've got the expensive BMW servicing costs.

But then, they're not Hondas! :lol: My next car, in order of preference, would be:

1) Nissan 350Z GT (maybe supercharged)
2) Mitsubishi Evo IV Tommi Makkinen Edition
3) Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ340 (in white with carbon fibre trim!)
4) Honda S2000
5) Nissan GTR R34 V-Spec (in either Midnight Purple or blue)
6) New (2007) Honda Civic Type R

storment

If the damn thing ever comes out then it has to be.....

Surely the only natural progression for a DC5 owner. I want :p

storment

It's the Honda HSC (High-Performance Sports Concept) which was meant to be out in 2005 (After it was unveiled at the 2003 Tokyo Motorshow). I think they stalled it as it was meant to have a 3.5 litre V6 in it but now honda own an F1 team they have a load of resource they can use. Let's not forget the NSX was so great thanks to F1 (Anyone remember a man called Senna?) Apparently it's going to contain a "Honda Racing F1 Team Inspired V10" and the car should be out 2007-2009.

Couldn't resist another pic.

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Hmm - can I just correct some of these statements:-

1. I saw a lovely EVO IV FQ 320 at the Mitsi garage yesterday, that would do very nicely!

I think you mean a IX not a IV (4).

2. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 260 + my own ECU, Turbo Charger and Fettling = better than any of the FQ range

Rubbish - it's the base car, and the FQ range are now just as cheap but your starting off with a far better car.

3. Would have liked an evo couple of years back but 4500 miles per service. Screw that

Why do all you performance car enthusasts wince at 4500 mile servicing - I've had performance cars for the last 20 years and always did my oil changes at that mileage anyway - it's far better for the engine, especially if you drive hard.

4. Mitsubishi Evo IV Tommi Makkinen Edition

You mean a VI.

5. Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ340 (in white with carbon fibre trim!)

They didn't make an VIII MR in white (except for the RS which are mega rare).

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
I know my evos - eat em breathe em drive em adore em :wink:

This is my 8th and i'm on the lookout for No 9 !

Stuart_M

This is my 8th and i'm on the lookout for No 9 ![/quote]

Come on Geoff your being hypocritical now, lets have it right, that should be V111th and 1Xth :wink:

gaz3434

Advanced Member
gsrgeoff said:
4. Mitsubishi Evo IV Tommi Makkinen Edition

You mean a VI.
Okay, sorry, a typo where I got the "I" and the "V" the wrong way round (would be so much easier if Mitsubishi would just use normal numbers - I mean, a Japanese car manufacturer using Roman numerals! :? :lol:

gsrgeoff said:
5. Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ340 (in white with carbon fibre trim!)

They didn't make an VIII MR in white (except for the RS which are mega rare).
Nice one, you just contradicted yourself there! Here's the proof (unless the owner of this one has added some extra badges!):