Which coilovers?

Dan34

Advanced Member
In my eyes requiring EP3 trackrod ends is a good thing for coilovers, they're much much cheaper to buy and the exact same job.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
id say that's the price of decent street coilovers. Think pro sport are more of a budget coily. Either way, £700 is a fair amount of money and I'm not paying more than that 😅

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
your choice is quite limited then
Super helpful 😂 Gonna order some yellow speed ones tomorrow night from tegiwa. Thanks for the help guys

Rob R

Advanced Member
If your budget is £700 and you want a good all round package you'd be better off with Spoon Springs and a Bilstein B4 damper setup in my opinion.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Did cross my mind but I'm wanting it for the aesthetics also. The car came with lowering springs on it but it's not quite got the drop I want on it

Mebz

Advanced Member
Can you get ohlins dfv for the dc5?

Maybe over you're budget though.

I've currently got buddyclub rsd, I don't rate them

Rob R

Advanced Member
WalshDC5 said:
Did cross my mind but I'm wanting it for the aesthetics also. The car came with lowering springs on it but it's not quite got the drop I want on it
Spoon springs sit pretty much perfectly

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Maybe so, it's a pretty expensive job once you get into it with fitting, FRSU and spacers! Still need to get my standard back bumper on. I've been meaning to get it sprayed for months 😂

RichA

Advanced Member
I'd say you're probably better off with just spoon springs for a road car.

Fez

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
If your budget is £700 and you want a good all round package you'd be better off with Spoon Springs and a Bilstein B4 damper setup in my opinion.
Wheres the best place to buy the shocks? Just did a quick google but didn't bring anything up for dc5.

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
WalshDC5 said:
Yellow speed coilys on the way
Assuming you're running yellowspeed coilovers, what sort of daily comfort and how much of a drop do they offer? I was going to wait on meister r's new release around xmas but would like something to replace my d2s in the facelift. Had meister r in my last dc5 many years ago and quite liked them.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Wheres the best place to buy the shocks? Just did a quick google but didn't bring anything up for dc5.
Would be interested also. Had a search as well and could not find anything either.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Linus27 said:
Would be interested also. Had a search as well and could not find anything either.
They'll be EP3 fitment, like the coilovers you'll need EP3 track rod ends on the front and a couple of 1mm shims on the rear.

We've fitted Bilstein B4s to a few DC5s usually with Eibach Sportlines, as mentioned EP3 track rod ends (which is actually a good thing as they're half the price) and then a few shims in the rear and they're on, not anything to be concerned about. The ride is miles better than OEM even with a 30mm drop.