Which Tires - Bridgestone RE002, RE070 or Goodyear Eagle F1

Which Tire

• Total voters

frampo

Advanced Member
my tires are on there way out and i want to get some new ones, i was originally going to get myself some RE070's but have come across the RE002 and have also considered the Eagle F1's.

my original plan was to run 225/45/17 all the way round, but then looked at running 225 on the rear and 235 on the front. i then found its almost impossible to get RE070 in 235, which is why i have been looking at alternatives.

does anyone know much about the RE002 as there seems to be a lack of information on them for a dc5/rsx on the web.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
F1's are hard to beat as a UK weather tyre, however the new toyo looks very similar, also consider ad08

frampo

Advanced Member
i forgot to mention i will be looking at doing some track days as well. i drove a dc5 years ago with F1's and it seemed to grip well on the road in slightly damp conditions. I currently have hancook ventus v12 evo tires and they are shocking in the dry and wet.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I run f1 assy 2's but have a set of re070's to go on next as they were a bargain 82 delivered from camskill.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Must say, I am loving my Goodyear F1's, the grip in the wet is pretty damn impressive.

Really is a superb all round tyre, one of the lightest in weight and quietest road noise too.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I've not tried the Bridgestones but I'm also very impressed with the Eagle F1's.

From what I read I think the RE070 is the slightly better tire in the dry but the Eagle F1 is the better all rounder.

Its the performance in the wet I've been most impressed with on my F1's. Its almost like its not wet! Inspired lots more confidence for me and considering its more wet than dry in Wales it seems the right choice for me :)

frampo

Advanced Member
I could probably stretch to having road and track, just not at the moment, I have some WORK wheels but there only 7j. I would prefer to use the same tires for road and track as I will know how they perform.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
davidpingu said:
Its the performance in the wet I've been most impressed with on my F1's. Its almost like its not wet! Inspired lots more confidence for me and considering its more wet than dry in Wales it seems the right choice for me :)
This is exactly what I noticed! I expected some wheel spin VTEC in 2nd in the wet, but NOTHING! :eek:

redcap

Advanced Member
RE070's for that price is a no brainer! I thought I got a good deal at £100 a corner about a year ago, prices must have dropped loads on them recently!

frampo

Advanced Member
I've been looking about and have considered upping my budget to get AD08's as they seem to be great tires for all situations wheather it's track or road.

chrex

Advanced Member
I put the RE070's on mine not long ago, and they have been fantastic - wet and dry.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
I rock re070s. Not the best in the wet though. Love the hard sidewalls on them though :)

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Ive got 4 sitting pretty in my loft but waiting for the weather to pick up . Ill be looking reaching 110+ down the craners with my fast road setup braided goodies with the potenzas on I should be able to stop before the old hairpin arrives. Cant fault my faulken 912 215s I nailed them on my first track day at Donington last year they cooked a little in the dry because a pushed them real hard but very predictable and still have to them on the car now. In the wet the fronts didn't spin up as much as I thought but Hollywood and Melbourne was fun glad I wasn't in a s2000.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
F1's are definitely good, but come at a price. They worn out crazy fast and that was only on my 1.8 140bhp Celica, god knows how long they'd last in a 2ltr 220+bhp DC5.

I then swapped to Falken ZE912's and although they're considerably more noisey, they've lasted a hell of a lot longer and not THAT much of a drop in performance (for someone that's never went on a track anyway)