Which Tires - Bridgestone RE002, RE070 or Goodyear Eagle F1

Which Tire

• Total voters

frampo

Advanced Member
well i decided to go for the RE070, i'll see how i go with them, they must be a step up from the shockingly bad hankook ventus v12 evo, in both the wet and dry.

vtecpang

Advanced Member
I think you made the right decision :)

I too have just purchased 4 and awaiting to scrub them in when the weather gets better

frampo

Advanced Member
I've just fitted the re070's today and they have shocked my. On corners where I used to slide about and didnt think it was really possible to go quicker, it gripped more than ever and felt more planted. I tried to get then to break loose but they wouldn't, think the most I managed was a slight 4 wheel slide which felt completely controlled and planted.

Can't rate these tires enough at the moment. Will just have to see how they fair in the wet.

frampo

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
... and you've not even scrubbed them in yet ;)
I'm pretty sure they scrubbed in, the edges are already looking scuffed, did around 30+ miles on them last night. I have discovered some minor rubbing on the rear bumper though with the new tires.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Bit of a thread resurrection just to make some new points I came across really.

I'm once again looking at tyres as it's getting to that time and the old Eagles vs RE070 debate has sprung up in my mind. I'm currently wearing eagles all around so was tempted to try something different.

Firstly, on Camskill in 225 format the tyre prices between the two seem to be the same give or take a couple quid. Not the £25 - £30 per corner difference it used to be.

Secondly, and what shocked me the most is the listed tyre weight between the two.

Tyre weight in pounds:-

RE070 - 26.52lbs per tyre

Eagle F1 - 19lbs per tyre!

That seems quite a difference when you consider that as unsprung weight.

I read somewhere that rotational mass can be multiplied by roughly 3 to give a better indication of the effects it has on vehicle acceleration when compared to standard/unsprung/ballast weight.

So on that basis, the 7.5lb difference per corner equates 30lbs saving overall. Multiplied by 3 its roughly the equivalent to 90lbs of sprung weight or 40kg's.

That's quite some difference considering you're only making a tyre choice I thought!

integraleo

Advanced Member
I went from goodyear eagle asymmetric 2's to the re070s and the increase in grip is huge. The Goodyears are an amazing tyre and I almost bought another set but so glad I tried re070s. Camskill selling these for 79 quid delivered!!! Bargain of the century

dave7368

Advanced Member
i have used RE070's and personally don't rate them much, plus as said they are very heavy, my current set up i have Toyo's (16.2kg wheel and tyre) and much grip

integraleo

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
i have used RE070's in the past and personally don't rate them much, plus as said they are very heavy, my current set up i have Toyo's (16.2kg wheel and tyre) and much grip
In dozens and dozens of reviews and opinions your's is the only one I've ever seen that is not highly impressed with the grip available from re070s. I can corner at insane speeds with perfect balance,control and feedback through the steering. I've driven on a lot of good quality high end tyres and so far these are by far my favourite. Very very grippy tyre,the majority of drivers won't trouble the limits of grip with these on public roads as the speeds required to do so on fast sweeping bends are WAY above legal speeds.

dave7368

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
In dozens and dozens of reviews and opinions your's is the only one I've ever seen that is not highly impressed with the grip available from re070s. I can corner at insane speeds with perfect balance,control and feedback through the steering. I've driven on a lot of good quality high end tyres and so far these are by far my favourite. Very very grippy tyre,the majority of drivers won't trouble the limits of grip with these on public roads as the speeds required to do so on fast sweeping bends are WAY above legal speeds.
Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same thing..

I suppose they would be ok if you just have 230~250bhp maybe...

Mebz

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
i have used RE070's and personally don't rate them much, plus as said they are very heavy, my current set up i have Toyo's (16.2kg wheel and tyre) and much grip
What toyo's do you run dave?

I've just fitted some new rsr's but already thinking about what tyre next. A bit sad I know.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Where can you get R888's these days? They are not on camskill, also how much are they? I will be getting 2 new tyres soon and thinking for £80 cant go wrong with the Bridgestone on Goodyear