Which Tires - Bridgestone RE002, RE070 or Goodyear Eagle F1

Which Tire

• Total voters

dave7368

Advanced Member
DemonTweeks have them, £136 + vat. I also managed to get them from a local supplier a little cheaper than that...

dave c

400hp K20
dave7368 said:
Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same thing..

I suppose they would be ok if you just have 230~250bhp maybe...
I've got a set of 888's ready to try out but tbh i'm not expecting them to be that much better than the re070. The bridgestones are an amazing tyre and deal with big power just fine imo. Will feedback when i try the toyos but i'm a huge bridgestone fan so it will take a lot to impress me haha

Parry

Advanced Member
I've just ordered a pair of eagle f1 as2's in a 225 for £70 each think it was £146 delivered

RobS

Advanced Member
£312 delivered for 4 RE070, will update when their on the car and see how they feel/perform :)

Benneh

Advanced Member
So they were! Ordered a set last night and should turn up tomorrow, rears were getting very low and fronts weren't too far behind! Looking forward to trying them out after the praise they get!

FireDance

Advanced Member
Parry said:
I've just ordered a pair of eagle f1 as2's in a 225 for £70 each think it was £146 delivered
Where from?

I have been looking on my tyre & they are £85 a corner I think on there

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
dave c said:
I've got a set of 888's ready to try out but tbh i'm not expecting them to be that much better than the re070. The bridgestones are an amazing tyre and deal with big power just fine imo. Will feedback when i try the toyos but i'm a huge bridgestone fan so it will take a lot to impress me haha
Bit of a late quote but have you tried the R888's yet. I'd be interested to hear you thoughts on them compared to the RE070's. I'd expect more outright grip in the dry, probably take a little more "warming up" but shouldn't go off as quickly. I'd also expect them to be slightly worse in the wet and the cold weather.

Parry

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
Where from?

I have been looking on my tyre & they are £85 a corner I think on there
From camskill online although didn't realise that they weren't the xl. Then checked again after and the xl was only £73+ postage for 225/45 r17 y xl

integraleo

Advanced Member
Fahadl786 said:
Anyone able to give opinion on how long re70's last and road noise level?
So far I've done 8000 miles on the fronts and still have couple thousand left yet no problem. As for noise they are not the quietest tyre but to be honest I never notice it.

joeac

From all the forum feedback I would like to order a set of RE70's however I see they are 225 instead of the standard 215, can anyone confirm if these will be fine on standard DC5 alloys?

Stuarty

Advanced Member
joeac said:
From all the forum feedback I would like to order a set of RE70's however I see they are 225 instead of the standard 215, can anyone confirm if these will be fine on standard DC5 alloys?
They will fit fine. Plenty of members on here running 225's on OEM alloys.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
So far I've done 8000 miles on the fronts and still have couple thousand left yet no problem. As for noise they are not the quietest tyre but to be honest I never notice it.
Thanks dude. Im sold!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just to add to this.

I noticed yesterday you can still get the old Yokohama Advan Neova tyre for around £90, supposed to be a great all round tyre.

Obviously the newer version is a lot more expensive of course.