Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

alucardo

Advanced Member
Im running the ad08 everyday on the road and they are an excellent tyre. They have lasted very well aswell 6.5k so far and still plenty of tread. Standing water as with any dry road bias can be an issue slight aquaplaning. I will be buying them again///

jono888

Advanced Member
Only got round to washing my car this weekend, here are some photos of the RE070 on. (yes my alloys need serious refurb) :p

Chigo'

Nice! I thought of buying RE070's for road use and AD08's for track. I think that is a good combination xthumbup

blueguy

Resident J's whore
[quote name='Chigo'' timestamp='1336063046' post='274652']
Nice! I thought of buying RE070's for road use and AD08's for track. I think that is a good combination xthumbup
[/quote]
IMO RE070's and AD08's are in the same category of best compromise for the dual purpose of road and track. Having one for road and one for track doesn't make sense to me unless for cost reasons given how expensive decent semi slick tyres are.

Chigo'

IMO RE070's and AD08's are in the same category of best compromise for the dual purpose of road and track. Having one for road and one for track doesn't make sense to me unless for cost reasons given how expensive decent semi slick tyres are.
IMO RE070 is better for road use and AD08 way better for track even if they both are in "road & track" category. I just don't need better and more expensive track tyres for my fully stock car.
That was just my option to my own situation at the moment :p But they both are a great choises :)

Vtequila

Dutchy
AD08's

87W, is that ok for the teg ? I usually drive it alone or with an extra person, never 3-4.

bud

I backed out of both due to the winter coming. Ended going with conti Sport contact 5s.

Think ill treat myself to some AD08's in the summer

cwwoodley

Do the re070 scrub if you have lowered the car, I

Is anyone using the 225/45 with a lowered car?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Depends how low the car is and et value of rims.
If you lowered not more than 2-3 cm oem set of wheels it should be fine.

chrex

Advanced Member
Iv just ordered some RE070's from camskill - looks to be an epic price for the tyre to be fair.

I've got standard wheels and the car is dropped on Tein springs about 30-40mm and i have no problems with 225/45. Can't wait to get home and get them on in a couple of weeks to be fair. I've got the Yoko AD07's on there at the moment so will be interesting to see how these compare.

hoova78

dotty said:
I rate AD08's very highly :)
Me too.....in fact they're the best tyres I've ever used on any car over the years. That includes Michelin Pilot Sport, Eagle F1 & F1 assymetrics, Continental Contisports.....etc. I stay well away from Bridgestones as I had 2 bad blow outs on the motorway on re040's one of which took the front wing off my old EP3 at less than 70mph on the M25.....

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
hoova78 said:
Me too.....in fact they're the best tyres I've ever used on any car over the years. That includes Michelin Pilot Sport, Eagle F1 & F1 assymetrics, Continental Contisports.....etc. I stay well away from Bridgestones as I had 2 bad blow outs on the motorway on re040's one of which took the front wing off my old EP3 at less than 70mph on the M25.....
Bit of an odd post, were the blowouts caused by something hitting the tyres?

Blow outs could happen to any car and any tyre.

I also have AD08's on my Enkeis for summer use.... can't wait to get back on them as im getting bored of my winter wheels/tyres combo now... :xaiweb5:

hoova78

Bit of an odd post, were the blowouts caused by something hitting the tyres?

Blow outs could happen to any car and any tyre.

They can indeed, but strange that happened twice on the same car, same tyres on different sides and didn't hit or drive over anything that I noticed....been driving for 16 years, owned 11 cars and tried loads of different tyre combinations. The experience has made me look to other brands ever since (happened in 2002).