Search results

1. E

ESMM confusion

Yes that's correct, basically they fill the 'air gaps' in the OEM mounts with polyurethane.
  2. E

offset for wheels

OEM offset is 60. Caliper clearance is more to do with the shape of the spokes than the offset.
  3. E

brightly coloured alloys...opinions.

Kingston had some orange EP3 wheels on his blue one, think he posted in that thread too, if not try a search.
  4. E

Wheel Nut Torque

I use 100Nm, which is a bit less than 80lbf-ft but in the right ball park. IIRC it was in the middle of the range specified on the box of some aftermarket nuts I bought and I've used it ever since.
  5. E

somebody justify the Gruppe M intake!

Wow, an on-topic post :o Agree the price they are now is crazy. Possibly worth it in the days when you could sell them for what you paid, but not these days imho.
  6. E

Newbie from Ireland

Re: Newbie form Ireland Welcome fella. Nice colour 8) Sorry about the need to authorise your first post, we've been having a bit of an issue with spam so that's just a measure we've taken to try to prevent it.
  7. E

somebody justify the Gruppe M intake!

I think I paid £400ish for mine and sold it 18 months later for £350ish. It was worth the £50 it cost me :lol: Bit noisy for my liking tbh, but if that's what you like then carry on.
  8. E

got a nooooob question for ya:

ESMMs are a cheap mod, DIY-able if you have the tools & are prepared to do a bit of grovelling under the car. Replacing OEM mounts is much more expensive though. As for bushes, I haven't done them on a DC5 or researched the parts costs, but in principle they're simple enough, it's all about the...
  9. E

Quieter exhausts??

As stated above - Fujitsubo, Mugen, HKS Hi-Power Silent, Toda are all reasonably quiet. I had a Buddyclub Spec IV which wasn't bad either - bit loud when I had a Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 on though. Replaced it with a Toda which was very nice, although the look of them is not to everyone's taste.
  10. E

Some help needed people

I think the OEM 2-1/cat section is OK, the OEM 4-2 is poor though. I personally don't understand people wanting rid of JDM cats as they are not that restrictive and keep you legal. Why not get a Spoon 4-2 and fit that with the OEM 2-1/cat section?
  11. E

Decated 2-1 section - Weird sound

My Spoon 2-1 did it too. I quite liked the noise, although the part itself was crap, it cracked and I got rid :roll: I missed the noise when I swapped it for a Toda though :(
  12. E

got a nooooob question for ya:

I had Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts (aka ESMMs) fitted to mine and it was one of the best mods I did to the car. It made it feel much more responsive, and the car was only 12-18 months old at the time so it wasn't down to knackered mounts. Dependent on how old your car is, your mounts...
  13. E

anyone had to buy a new windscreen for DC5?

I had mine replaced by Autoglass, I was really paranoid they'd have the wrong part (ie a DC2 one) but it was all fine. I'd checked with Dave J & lined up a contingency plan with him beforehand, but it wasn't needed.
  14. E

Anyone get Motors TV?

Sky for me, not sure whether you can get it on freeview tbh :? :lol:
  15. E

Anyone get Motors TV?

Asian Touring Cars on now - basically a load of DC5s having a scrap :D
  16. E

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!

It used to belong to a user called 'urfys' on here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8277 I don't know him, or who he sold it to, just the numberplate rang a bell. There's a starting point for more research anyway.
  17. E

nuts for rota alloys

That's what I meant :lol:
  18. E

nuts for rota alloys

M12x1.5 with tapered seats not the ball type OEM seat. The thread pitch is determined by the car not the wheel btw.
  19. E

Steelies

Agree with Si's idea - EP3 wheels fit and are cheap and easily available AFAIK most of the alloys off the CL7/9 Accord and FK/FN Civics also fit - the Penta/Epsilon type ones are 17s with 55 offset. They also did a few different styles in 16" which are dirt cheap secondhand and look like the...
  20. E

Warning: 2004 Honda Integra Dc5 (2004) £8850

I'm not having people sending PMs like that - he's banned. No problem with this thread btw. Fine selling a car with history provided it's clearly stated and the price reflects it.