Search results

1. M

Anyone doing lemans ?

Noticed in a thread earlier someone saying they were going... Any DC5s making the trip ?
  2. M

Evo mag comments - mirrors my DC2-DC5 thoughts.

Mate gave me a copy of an old Evo mag (sep 06, shoot out of the best FWD car ever, 15 cars, won by UK-DC2). Interesting read, particularly as (like many of you) I came into DC5 ownership having first owned a DC2 , flogged it and realized nothing else made me happy... Anyway. I have found the...
  3. M

Insulting my lovely DC5 !

Friends came round, hadnt seen DC5 yet. Mate- "Wow cool." Mates wife - "Ooh is that your new car ? It looks like a Peugeot !" WHAT ????? :shock: I mean, I am a petrol head, but I really struggle to see anything on the DC5 that gives it a flimsy-gallic-rubbish look ! Girls eh ? (joking ...
  4. M

First tank... 30.6mpg.

Seems reasonable... DC2 used to get ~32 on the commute, and this is heavier and bigger engine. 30.6 seems about what I was hoping for. Certainly better than my RX8 that struggled to better 20mpg ! ! (and *much* better than the Charger ! ! ) Still loving it :)
  5. M

Seat belt anchor - removal

Need to remove the seatbelt anchor to rotate it (belt is twisted). There is a plastic cover over the top. Do these just pop off ? Dont want to break it. Also, torgue settings for seatbelt bolt to refit... Any info gratefully received - Morgan.
  6. M

DC5 mini review from an ex DC2...

Well, picked her up at last. As everyone says, the 200bhpcars experience was wonderful, much obliged to Andy and Danielle - car is in wonderful condition and exactly as described. Could not be happier. So. The car... Its bumpy. Its noisy. The rear vis is awful. The gearbox ratios are...
  7. M

Privilege. Fools...

Just had an irritating call. Integra in country, Andy doing the business. Had a quote from my existing insurers for £705. Seemed OK. Phoned up to take it and they have changed their mind, dont do imports anymore. So now I'm on the ring round :roll: I hate insurance companies...
  8. M

Rev limit ?

Where is the rev limiter on DC5s ? My DC2 used to be ~9,100. I know the DC5 is not quite as frantic, and just curious recently... My actual question I suppose is 'what the optimum change point when accelerating like a loon' ? (Which was about 8,600 I suppose in the DC2) ta !
  9. M

6th gear ratios ?

Now that my DC5 is on the way, just getting curious about some details. 6th gear for instance. When I had my DC2 the gearing was really low - always felt it could really use a 6th gear. DC5 obviously has a 6th gear, but I have a feeling it may be just as daft as the DC2 was ! So, in simple...
  10. M

PS3 / 360

I am assuming by the titles on the forum that the 360 is the console of choice around here rather than the PS3 ....?
  11. M

Tyres

Well, Andy has sourced my DC5 - and she is a stunner. Happy man indeed. She does however need new shoes. Now, I dont really care ref ultimate grip, super-sticky-slicks etc as I do a large amount of miles and durability is important. My DC2 used to have RE010s on it, these lasted ~15-20K...
  12. M

Xenons ?

Quickie - Done a search, and there seem to be a couple of opinions. Q - Do DC5s come with xenons/HiDs as standard or is it a rare option ? Q2 - Someone on a prev post said they have to be removed for the SVA test. Why ? HiDs are OK in this country, and the car is right hand drive. So what...
  13. M

Gruppe M - cost and justification ?

Quick questions - a) Is Gruppe M simply a filter/box change ? b) Does it actually go quicker or just louder ? c) How much is it ? d) On its own does it improve anything (or are further mods needed, in which case I'm not interested) ? I am well aware of the likely noise - the DC2 had a...
  14. M

Climate standard ?

Quickie question - Searched, but cannot find answer... Is climate standard on all DC5s ? Do any have just air instead? Any come with neither ? Lots of ads seem to mention climate, but dont know if this is just ad-talk and all of them have it anyway. ta !
  15. M

Q - What is 'C-pack' ?

Assuming its 'Comfort' or 'Climate' or something ? Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly what this is ? Off to search the FAQs.... ! ta
  16. M

DC2 I miss :-( DC5 I consider...

Just a quick hello... Considering a DC5 and just doing my homework. Stumbled across this site and have been searching prev posts and reading rabid reviews :) I had a DC2 (bought new in 99) - kept it 4.5 years , did 95,000miles and it never (and I mean NEVER) missed a beat. Track days...