Search results

1. D

Adjusting Vtec good or bad idea??

Its grand on the old B series Vtec's but not on i-vtec engine's which have 3 stages of engagement.. Honda would put it at a point which was optimal for fuel efficiency and general smoothness... 5k is what it should be at though..
  2. D

removing the front 'H' badge.

Give *Rob a call, he removed the bumper on mine to fit the new headlights no problem! Your DC5 will only be identified as a Honda by the H sticker on the wheels! :lol:
  3. D

MOT Failure and DC Sports manifold fitting

I'll check the NCT report when i get home, mine passed with e 5Ziegen Border exhaust, DC mani and an engine check light on for the o2 heater sensor.. Just put a bottle of dipthene in with the petrol and it was grand..
  4. D

MOT Failure and DC Sports manifold fitting

What are the allowances for the MOT emissions test?
  5. D

Juddering Problem - Sorted :)

Re: Worn Engine/Gearbox Mounts? Take it over to the Tuning Factory and have them check it out, could be front engine mount..
  6. D

Dyno Charts!!

These mods on a k20 from a DC5 produced 259bhp and 192lb/t torque: -Hytec 4-1 exhaust mani with anti reversal chambers (which will yeld the best power gains above any other brand proven) -Cat back exhaust system set-up which i'm not willing to disclose -70mm throttle body RBC Intake...
  7. D

Dyno Charts!!

Something strange going on when he maps the same engine with 25lb/ft torque less! I dunno if a manifold and decat could explain that, maybe a high comp gasket too?
  8. D

Dyno Charts!!

Geeze dunno what to say about that, i mean that K20 DC2 that he tuned is hitting 260bhp and 196lb/ft torque! With breathing mods only! I can copy the dyno graph if you like but it looks v smooth..
  9. D

Dyno Charts!!

What did they say when you called back? I seen a DC2 with K20 which TDP mapped up to 260bhp with breathing mods only!
  10. D

Anyone have one of these attached to their induction kit?

MM aren't cheap for sure, but when you add together £58+£17.50 then your upto almost €90, so prob not saving much...
  11. D

Give Murray Motorsports a call, they will order it in for ya..
  12. D

Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

So what does it say on your Quinn policy documents? Honda Integra i ?
  13. D

Yup replaced the OEM induction hose cos it ripped after a while when i got the RBC fitted... V hard to get them in black though, red looks better.. Just be aware that none of these e-bay sellers have them in stock despite what they say, so expect to wait for around 5 weeks..
  14. D

Recommend me..

5w40, have'nt used anything else so you cant go wrong with it.. And sure yea its quite expensive, but will protect the engine and its much cheaper than a rebuild! :lol:
  15. D

Recommend me..

Havoline? I wuddnt fry a chip in that oil m8! :lol: Head down to the Tuning Factory and get an oil change with Motul 5w-40(the correct grade for the k20), you cant go wrong with that! =D> Also have a read: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6334
  16. D

Dyno Charts!!

Let us know what happens TypeITR, v few good tuners if any in Ireland, though theres a guy down in Cork I.T that maps all of Icetronix's car..
  17. D

Quick Question for ya's

Edit: Sorry just enter the URL into Google translator... looks like a toll road card reader http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/ETC/navi/index.html
  18. D

Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

As mentioned...Brittons dont insure DC5 Type-R's.. If Quinn's say they do then i wont believe it until id see it in Writing..
  19. D

Quick Question for ya's

Nope, have'nt see that in any DC5, what does it say on it? Have ya had a look to see if it connects to the ECU?
  20. D

Quick Question for ya's

looks like some sorta card reader, can you get a closer pic?