Search results

1. TypeRiter

DC5 to an EP3, am i mad?

Performance wise.. there's little difference between them. The hydraulic steering and LSD box is about it really.. both are brilliant cars.
  2. TypeRiter

Help on purchasing a DC5.

- I self serviced. Costs will range anything from £200 - £400+ depending on what's required and who carries the service out. Intervals are usually 12-months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first.. you'll probably find that an example kept by an enthusiast will have had shorter servicing...
  3. TypeRiter

Stainless steel exhaust ?

I got my Limited Edition Function 7's from Stew@PPW... top trader. :thumbs-up:
  4. TypeRiter

Is it 'illegal' to have two insurance policies on one car?

Really... Hmm.. named driver on the car in question will be the only way then. :)
  5. TypeRiter

Is it 'illegal' to have two insurance policies on one car?

Just as a side. If you are fully comp on the Teg, and your fathers car is insured to be on the road - technically, unless pointed out to you otherwise buy your insurers, you are third-party covered on it... infact, if you have a valid fully comp policy, this is applicable to any car insured...
  6. TypeRiter

Wheels what fits and how they look

Yeah, no... it does have an impact, I'm sure, Just... but not as much as say an EP3 for example, in my experience. I said IME, because from what I remember - the EP3 started to get pretty negative on the rear at about -35mm (and even worse when it was about -65mm).. but the DC5 not so much. I...
  7. TypeRiter

Wheels what fits and how they look

-30mm won't be enough to push the camber out that much on a DC5 IME.
  8. TypeRiter

Facelift lip on to pre facelift car

Not without modification. PFL OEM lip > FL TBH.. ING's > OEM's
  9. TypeRiter

Mugen mf10 alloy damage

:) Potentially good news then bud. hopefully be able to sort that out!
  10. TypeRiter

Mugen mf10 alloy damage

Man.. I'm gutted for you. For real.. love these wheels. There was a spare set on E-Bay with one that was cracked.. I was going to buy them to have three spare.. check if they're still available? I picked up some unblemished 15" MF's for my new project, when I get it... grrrrrr... :D
  11. TypeRiter

Mugen mf10 alloy damage

:( Oooooh Nasty... Sorry to see this.You could try Spit n Polish in Kent, or Wheelworks in Crawley, that doesn't look like rash though - it looks like a section has been taken off... Are those stress fractures BTW? Or cracks in the paint...That looks a touch worrying...
  12. TypeRiter

Oem set up

You'll need some top-mounts. When the Ohlins coilovers are removed, all parts, with the exception of top mounts (beacuse you don't have these), should be available to you to fit the new OEM struts. The 3 bolts that bolt in the bay will be usable with OEM top mounts, which are probably...
  13. TypeRiter

02 sensor help..

The UKDM EP3 sensor will not work in the DC5. DC5 sensor is Wideband.
  14. TypeRiter

02 sensor help..

Go to Tegiwa imports - it's £175.00 for an OEM part. Unless you seriously prolong replacing it nothing should happen, but it would be best to sort it out sooner rather than later.
  15. TypeRiter

02 sensor help..

CEL 41 is Primary O2 sensor. Check this out: Very informative: http://honda-tech.co...d.php?t=1490107 As nelly has pointed out, on initial resets it disappears - only to return. The more you reset you'll find the quicker it returns as the sensors perforamnce deteriorates. CEL41 requires...
  16. TypeRiter

Back to oem - exhaust

Or an RM-01A if you can find one, or are prepared to fork out.
  17. TypeRiter

Just got booked in at Honda...

LOL @ £80 for a gearbox oil change. LOL.
  18. TypeRiter

Best way to go low.

Anything over -30mm, just go for coilovers - spend the money once, it'll be much cheaper than buying sprigns only do discover the following: - You see many springs advertising -50mm and -40mm drops, but they rarely give a true drop of that much.. at most you'll get -35mm... and annoyingly on...
  19. TypeRiter

Strut brase???

20. TypeRiter

Strut brase???

Something so light requires additional reinforcement - I suspect this is fundamental to the design of the brackets on the Opak Racing item. IMO, it is the best looking strut - by far, it's silly light also.. silly. It does obstrut view of my top mounts, which in the correct light match the...