Search results

1. pulpmelon_r

Stage 2 cams

Be aware, without extra compression or capacity, bigger cams will simply move your power band over to the right. A stage 1 / Drop in, is all you will really need on a stock motor.
  2. pulpmelon_r

dyno disappointment

FYI I am Troll proof... 'untrollable' if you will.
  3. pulpmelon_r

dyno disappointment

Well I took my brand new bone stock mazda to TDI a few years ago. Book figure was 263hp (US Imperial horsepower @ the crank) for this vehicle After 3 runs It saw 264hp on their dyno. Just sayin
  4. pulpmelon_r

Tuning issue knock detection

PM'd regarding knock sensitivity tables
  5. pulpmelon_r

Compression Ratio vs Octane?

OK I'm just going to assume its a NASP daily use road car, you have no plans for racing and that you are using pump fuel for this reason. In which case 12.5:1 static CR
  6. pulpmelon_r

Compression Ratio vs Octane?

Why? What is your goal? Static compression alone wont tell you if you will see pre-ignition detonation on a given octane fuel.
  7. pulpmelon_r

RRC pistons valve relief

You will have to limit VTC advance in software in most cases. The camshaft vendor should be able to tell you how much clearance you have on an OEM piston with their profile. If they cant, buy from someone who can!
  8. pulpmelon_r

Fed up with my map!

You need to check the wiring as that is easily damaged with inlet manifold removal as well as the TPS voltages at WOT and idle. http://hondaswap.com/~pills/obd1guide.html
  9. pulpmelon_r

Fed up with my map!

Are you running a stock or aftermarket throttle?
  10. pulpmelon_r

Drag Wrinkle Tires on the DC5 Mickey Thomson 255/50/16

The best 60fts I've seen FWD on street tyres are in the 2.1 sec bracket, with drag radials you would hope to drop a few tenths and be aiming for 1.8 - 1.9. On drag slicks 1.5 second 60's and broken drive shafts are the order of the day.
  11. pulpmelon_r

Dyno Charts!!

^ Looks like around 15 pounds of boost would be most efficient for that setup
  12. pulpmelon_r

Mase who?

A stock EP3 makes ~190hp on that dyno dynamics, 230-235 with full bolt-ons and a tune. A stock EP3 makes ~200 at TDI north, 240-245 with full bolt-ons and a tune. Which one is faster?
  13. pulpmelon_r

Wheel hop

For a track car go straight to some proper motor mounts:
  14. pulpmelon_r

Broken engine!! Need help

Agreed Might even make more power on 95-97 ron UK fuel at 11:1CR
  15. pulpmelon_r

DC5 ~ Drag Racing

I get a bit twitchy at the times from make shift drag strips with the removable timing gear. Unless its an FIA / MSA approved track its best not to compare times too closely.
  16. pulpmelon_r

Throttle body

S90 70mm throttles are cheap, not sure how good they are long term.
  17. pulpmelon_r

Throttle body

From my own dyno testing, around 5hp extra all the way through VTEC
  18. pulpmelon_r

400bhp safe on std engine?

Ben @ TDI-N runs 18 pounds of boost, stock motor K-swapped EG Tune it right and it all stays together oddly enough.
  19. pulpmelon_r

400bhp safe on std engine?

You can make 400hp on a charge / intercooled Rotrex kit, or a GT30 sized turbo. The stock bottom end will be okay, but you might need some stiffer valve springs with over 12 pounds of boost.
  20. pulpmelon_r

Charged 0 to 60mph time?

For the record the 1/4 mile times on those in car meters are horse turd. They count wheel rotations to calculate the 1/4 mile distance. So any wheel spin shortens your 'virtual track' quite considerably. Also going from a dead stop to 110 mph on the street is pretty retarded IMO