Search results

1. andrewv4

Drunk driver took out my teg :(

After 8 years of owning a truly magnificent car, its life was cut short on monday when a drunk driver in a transit slammed into me. How i managed to walk away from this crash is beyond me. I just want to thank everyone for posting information and builds on their cars as this helped me work on...
  2. andrewv4

Ulez tax and living in london

Hey guys, we had an information leaflet come through the post today about keeping London's air quality cleaner and how the mayor wants to charge us £12.50 to drive cars on the outskirts of inner London. Unfortunately I live right on the boarder where these charges are going to take place and...
  3. andrewv4

Electric RsX?

I've just come back from my holiday in San Francisco and my cousin showed me some very interesting cars while i was out there. A shop we visited converts standard cars into electric using tesla parts, one of the ones they were working on was a corvette z06 and there was an Acura Rsx in the...
  4. andrewv4

Insurance for those in their 30s

So my renewal is due at the end of the month and i have just been quoted £569.35, up £30 from last year. I'm 32, live in north london and have 12 years ncb, no accidents or convictions and have owned the car coming up to 6 years. I also have a full mugen header with sports cat and the...
  5. andrewv4

Rear engine mount install

Hey, I'm in the process of changing the last mount on the car so i have a full set of vibra techinics mounts. I managed to loosen all the bolts on the oem rear mount with no problem following the guide on oz Honda and the RSX forum. However, the bolt that goes through the mount wont come all the...
  6. andrewv4

Car ramp recommendations

Hey, with the summer coming up i am going to be replacing the rear engine mount on the car and I'm getting a bit tired of jacking the car up every time i work on her so i was wondering what ramps do you guys use when you're working on your teg? Also i have a pair of ramps in the garage but the...
  7. andrewv4

AutoWindscreens

Has anybody else on the forum had a problem with this company? Ive had a crack on my windscreen since the 17th January, phoned them on the day to have the windscreen replaced and they said the next available time they could see me was the 16th February. So the 16th came and they sent me a...
  8. andrewv4

Gasket for twinloop

Hey just got a Mugen twin loop but it didn't come with the gaskets. Am i correct in assuming that I need a 2.5" oval gasket? Thanks
  9. andrewv4

First problem after 3 years of ownership :(

Hey guys, as the title says I have had my first problem today since owning the Teg. The central locking wouldn't work this morning all the way round the car yet it still beeps when i press the lock and unlock button on my key fob. I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay and they are...
  10. andrewv4

Dc5 Type r commercials

Was just having a Sunday browse on YouTube and came across these two videos. Enjoy :xgrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2EEw_l-ysI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9zaIbj1A9c
  11. andrewv4

RRC/k100 install and TDI visit

Drove to Tdi north from north London on monday and was very impressed with the service. They installed the RRC manifold and k100 package. The difference the way the car drives now is very noticable and is very smooth across the rev range. Paul managed to get 230.6BHP with 156.6lbft of torque...
  12. andrewv4

Mugen header with sports cat

Hey people, I'm after a bit of advice on an exhaust system. I have seen on RHDjapan for £1200 the Mugen sports header with catalytic converter and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had one? Are they worth the money or would my money be better spent buying a tegiwa exhaust manifold header...
  13. andrewv4

I would highly recommend Greenlight insurance

I was quoted £918 by adrian flux to renew my policy in north london, driving for 10 years with 9 years ncb. After having a look around on here i saw a few of you recommended sky and Green light, sky wanted £700 odd and green light £550 with protecting ncb. I would highly recommend Greenlight...