Search results

1. C

Triple QX Oil....any good for a dc5?

I was just wondering if TQX is any good/recommended for using in a K20? Its A5/Ford grade as I usually use when I put Castrol in so was just wondering what people's opinions are? Thanks
  2. C

Dyno Charts!!

Mine pulled 244bhp on Eurospecs Dyno last week, Mapped my TDI South, AFR was straight as an arrow
  3. C

Ep3/dc5 buddy club rails, URGENT info needed

Will Buddy Club rails for an ep3 fit a dc5? Thanks
  4. C

UKDM EP3 Kpro on DC5 -- Urgent info needed ASAP

Hi I'm supposed to be picking up a Kpro V3 tomorrow, its from an EP3, I know the wideband for the o2 sensor is different somehow, but can I use it in my DC5? I will be getting a remap as soon as it goes on, or will I have to/can I get the kpro chip/board taken out and re-soldered into my DC5...
  5. C

Fault code "P0122, TPS a circuit low"

Sorry dude not to mean to sound stupid but what's the RSX manual?
  6. C

Fault code "P0122, TPS a circuit low"

My car is idling at around 1700 rpm, its lost alot of power and the engine light is on with that code fault, we put a multimeter on the TPS and it read from the two earth points but got no signal from it with the throttle fully open, is this a broken TPS for sure or could it be a loom/connector...
  7. C

3" exhaust sounds

I have a 3 inch solid fab...no silencers, its LOUD. On choke when starting it in the morning it will wake the dead (seriously its not for fussy neighbours)...thats with a decat and headers though
  8. C

Tps Sensor (without Kpro)

It read a fault code "power input low" on TPS, multimeter said no power signal from TPS no looks like its dead
  9. C

Tps Sensor (without Kpro)

I've fitted my RBC and TB, the car is idling around 1600-1900 rpm, running stock ecu at the moment, its feels more laggy and slower than before the RBC and I think it may be the TPS sensor as I just bolted it on not knowing it needed setting up on the new TB, its thrown the engine light on and...
  10. C

Idle Speed When Warm?

Mines around 800-850, 1100 is too much for stock idle
  11. C

Advice on aftermarket cams

I Know raising the comp ratio is pointless to a degree because of the fuel over here but I always use V-Power Nitro+ which is supposed to be 101 RON so surely that should do for stage 1/2 cams and a fresh oem DC5 comp ratio with the slight raise from the head gasket
  12. C

Advice on aftermarket cams

I've decided that over the winter I will be doing an engine rebuild on my DC5, I was considering a JRSC but they are hard to find and would rather build the engine, but I am debating cams in the process, I spoke to Hond-R and they recommended Drag Cartel stage 1 drop in cams, RDX injectors and a...
  13. C

Head gasket choice

I'm doing an engine rebuild on my DC5 and I'm pondering between head gaskets, Its between Cosworth, Spoon and Mugen, The Mugen looks like the best 0.5mm thick and raises the comp .4 points to 11:7 (iirc), I will be running Buddy Club Stage 2 cams, would this be a good choice? Keeping internals...
  14. C

JRSC for DC5

Thanks guys :) I'm already following you beppe according to instagram! I'm keeping all options open may go cam route instead haven't decided yet!
  15. C

JRSC for DC5

Hi, I've decided that supercharging the DC5 is the way forward, I'm sorry for any ignorance but I haven't looked into the exacts needed for a JRSC setup, I am SORN'ing the ITR in a month when the Tax runs out for the winter and Supercharging it in the spring, but will be building up the parts...
  16. C

RBC Inlet on a DC5, is an EP3 throttle cable needed?

I'm about to fit an RBC and 70mm TB to my dc5, I've noticed that there are no mounting points for the throttle cable on the RBC so do you have to run the more direct cable off and Ep3? Or can you re-locate the dc5 one? As the dc5 one on oem fitment comes round from the left and an ep3 from the...
  17. C

Running teins on the front, buddy club on rear?

Hi, I have tein superstreets on my dc5, but the rears are seized and wont adjust, my friend is selling two rear buddy club n+ rear coilovers off his ep3, would the car handle well still running two different brands or is it better to buy a whole new set? Thanks
  18. C

BC coilovers, opinions?

I'm looking to swap out my tein superstreets for something that go a little lower and stiffer, what are peoples opinions on BC? Low and hard as steel rods is what I'm aiming for! Thanks
  19. C

Spigots and nuts required for Evo.8 enkies

Thanks for the help guys :) got a set of Evo nuts off a mate, and ordered the rings off ebay so all sorted