Search results

1. gaza4

Code P1166 & P1167 After Changing Shifter Cables

Bit of a long story here... I was changing out my shifter cables and while I was under the car the O2 sensor wire was getting in the way. I tried to unplug it but I couldn't get the right angle at it so I just left it and worked around it. Inside the car I unplugged pretty much everything...
  2. gaza4

Rear Tweeters

Anyone installed tweeters in the back? Have an old set of component speakers lying around that i'm gonna throw in and i'm looking for a location for rear tweeters. somewhere thats not too destructive ie drilling 1 inch holes in the quarter panel plastics!!! haha
  3. gaza4

Tightening Up The Shifter

I've been working on getting a solid shifter recently. so far i've got delrin bushes on the shifter end, tegiwa short shifter and tegiwa bushes on the box end. the shifters back and forward motion in the neutral position is still quite loose and when looking in the engine bay it seems the arm...
  4. gaza4

Mats/Carpets in the Washing Machine

while searching on here for tips on cleaning the carpets and mats i came across a few comments saying you could put the mats in the washing machine. what about the rest of the carpet though??? provided the washing machine was large enough of course!!!
  5. gaza4

Rust!!! How Bad is this and How Do I Make it Go Away!!!

ok so i have this lil patch of rust on the inside of the passenger quarter panel. you can see the fuel filer top right and the white clip is i believe part of the plastic that the rear bumper clips into how bad is this and is there anything i can do to sort it out??? Thanks!!!
  6. gaza4

What Roll Center Adjusters?

My teg failed the NCT because the boots on the balljoints are busted so i'm after something new. Car is lowered on Spoon progressive springs so i think Roll Center Adjusters should be fine. Looking on Tegiwa and there seems to be a few options so looking for opinions. Tegiwa £104.50...
  7. gaza4

Sticky Door Handle

this has been happening on and off for a good while now. when the passenger tries to open the door the handle becomes slack. at first i thought it was the cable sticking but its actually the slider/arm pictured below that is sticking. i've tried copper grease but its still sticking the odd time...
  8. gaza4

My Vtec Solenoid Doesnt Have an Oil Pressure Switch

there is/was a small oil leak at the back of my head. i figured it was either the vtec solenoid gasket or the oil pressure switch o-ring so i ordered both from Honda. Parts were searched and ordered through my VIN number so all should be correct. from looking around online on how to do the job...
  9. gaza4

High Mileage Maintenance

My car in just after passing 245k kms (152k miles). Since i bought it 4 years ago at 150k I've mainly just done regular oil/filter and gear oil changes. Spark plugs, coolant, front pads and disks have also been done. Radiator and hoses were replaced and front wishbones polybushed. What work or...
  10. gaza4

Security Upgrades

i'm moving house this week and going from a nice large gated drive way to parking across the road from the house in the middle of everyone elses cars. First off there's probably gonna be doors hitting off my car. Theres a large green too right in front of the parking area so a stray football...
  11. gaza4

In Need of a Brake Upgrade

I've started driving a van for work, specifically a 2016 VW Caddy. The brakes on these are pretty responsive, i nearly put myself through the windscreen the first time i drove it!!! haha But now when i get in the dc5 to drive home i find myself standing on the pedal to get any sort of response...
  12. gaza4

What is this Drain Pipe

Just drove home after replacing my coolant and i noticed a hissing sound coming from underneath the car. there was a pool of water on the ground and it with dripping from the exhaust manifold just beside the ARB. the heat from the exhaust was causing the hiss. i checked all the coolant pipes...
  13. gaza4

Blueprint Image

Bit of an odd one but has anyone ever come across a blueprint style image of the DC5? With front rear side and overhead views. There is a similar diagram in the workshop manula but since its for the RSX it doesnt have the type r spoiler and lips etc this is the kinda thing I'm on about but none...
  14. gaza4

Two Cooling Questions: What Coolant and Hose Replacments

So the story goes that a few months ago my OEM radiator cracked so I replaced it with a Tegiwa rad. Then the other week the top hose had a pin hole lea, I ordered a silicone set from Tegiwa. Plan was to replace the top hose and leave the bottom on the long finger. When i removed the hose the...
  15. gaza4

Anyone Removed the Front Grill

Anyone gone for this look??? After getting the J's style scoop from the group buy and having a nice shiny radiator that would be nice to show off I'm thinking of goin this route. probably do the copy cat mod on the part with the H badge too. Kinda like this
  16. gaza4

Spoon Wing Mirrors - Hydro vs Regular

Looking at the Spoon wing mirrors on Taikyu. Theres a €108 price difference between both versions. Surely the price cant justify the hydro coating when a rain repellent could just be applied to the regular version. or am i missing something...
  17. gaza4

Thoughts on Tegiwa Rdaiator Hoses

Have a tiny pin hole in my upper rad hose so i need to replace it ASAP. been looking at a few brands and the Tegiwa ones seem reasonable. anyone running these with any issues???
  18. gaza4

Mugen Intake Dimensions

Hi all would anyone be able to give me approximate measurements of the intake duct that goes with the Mugen intake??? Mine doesn't have one and it just has a piece of flexipipe but I'd like to try get something more suitable put together. Pic for reference, basically I need to know the diameter...
  19. gaza4

Dim Oil Light

Just noticed the oil light come on but it's really dim. It fully bright on ignition but dims and stays on. Can't see any obvious leaks and oil level is fine...any suggestions???
  20. gaza4

Anything Worth Looking For From Japan

Have a mate living in Japan who's coming home for a wedding in a few weeks. I'm gonna be kicking myself if I don't take the opportunity to get him to pick up something for me. Anything small, desirable and hard to find I should get him to look for??? If you could get something from Japan what...