Car vandalised last night

M6DLY

Advanced Member
Some fcuking kids have been harassing my house resently... Bangin on the door at 2 in the morning and even running over my sisters car! And I live in a nice area... Keep my DC5 garaged thank god... but they know i've got it...

And if they ever touch it i'd run my samurai sword through them!

But round here it's just kids with nothing better to do than drink and smoke in the fields then cause some trouble!

Get some CCTV tho... thats what i'm gonna do even tho I keep mine in the garage!

My mates dad got a fake camera, it's great, even has an LED flashing away! Does the job and only cost a couple of quid on ebay!
Or you could build a Car PC which has motion activated CCTV installed so you can catch them anywhere you go! (And they double up as track day cameras 8) )

Good luck with the insurace tho...

Archie

Advanced Member
Well some good news , the insurance have given the go ahead for the repairs, TGM have ordered the parts but some may go on back order so will have to wait and see how long they will take.

They have got plent of prep work to get on with so 3-4 weeks and the beast should be back :D :D

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Great news :D
Also best let the insurers know that your Volk Ray alloys were destroyed too, oh and some Bride buckets coz the paint stripper seeped through the windows and damaged them. :wink:

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Holly shit......only just seen this and it's the second destroyed Type R pictures I've seen in a few weeks - both of them truely sickening :evil:

Glad the insurance have finally started the ball rolling Archie, I know Tom will look after you very well there

Hope it's on the road better than ever soon 8)

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
Sorry to hear this mate, I can't imagine how you felt. Well I can a bit, some bloke drove in to the back of me just before christmas as I was reversing into a parking space. I had my hazard lights on was all angled up and started pulling back, he was chatting to his mates in the car and just hit me. I went mental. His response? "I've got 3 witnesses in my car and i'm an airline pilot, my mates will say its your fault. Who will the police believe?" I parked up and walked away. Shed a tear and went to work. Never been so angry.

Hope this all gets sorted. At least when the car is resprayed she'll look as a good as new. Chin up mate. As Jonny Rotton once said don't let the c*nts bring you down.
Fair play to you, there's no way I'd ahve walked away with at least breaking his nose, even if it meant you got a kicking.

Was there no CCTV to show he hit you?

Good news Archie :D

Frank

Advanced Member
Glad to hear its gonna get fixed but I can't believe how selfish people can be!

sims_delight

hondafreek said:
His response? "I've got 3 witnesses in my car and i'm an airline pilot, my mates will say its your fault. Who will the police believe?"
Counts for nothing as witnesses should be independent. :idea:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
sims_delight said:
hondafreek said:
His response? "I've got 3 witnesses in my car and i'm an airline pilot, my mates will say its your fault. Who will the police believe?"
Counts for nothing as witnesses should be independent. :idea:
Like sims_delight says I don't think his witnesses in car would have counted for anything.
I know someone who was overtaking a couple of cars when the car infront of him also decided to pull out to overtake (obviously not checking to see that someone was already overtaking) and they ended up driving into the back of the person who pulled out.
The guy who was alreday overtaking had 3 other people in the car but they couldn't be used when this other person changed their mind that infact it wasn't their fault (I think they had originally maybe accepted it was their mistake, but not on the record).

Cheers
Wardy

carfiend

Advanced Member
Same saw it on Sat, people that do this shit need to be rounded up and shot quite frankly.

There has been an argument about the way the police worked in the 70's due to Life on Mars and how they planted eveidence to get known scrotes and general nasty bastards off the street.

Well theres no smoke without fire.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Saw this yesterday when I dropped my car off. Thank god it hasn't got into the engine bay or damaged the GruppeM scoop! :|

Are you getting a new Ings front bumper or going back to standard?

Archie

Advanced Member
Evil_Weasel said:
Saw this yesterday when I dropped my car off. Thank god it hasn't got into the engine bay or damaged the GruppeM scoop! :|

Are you getting a new Ings front bumper or going back to standard?
It has damaged the underneath of the air scoop and the scuttle pannel, but luckly the air box is ok I have email Gruppe m to see if the parts are available.

The ings is going im going back to standard i love the look of the ings but its a pain as its always picking up stone chips and cracks.

Just found out that every part has gone on backorder :shock:

God knows how long this is going to take !

Suped

Advanced Member
Saw this today looking sorry for itself. Wankers really!!! Good thing its going to look new again very soon. Almost on every panel.. scumbags!!

Archie

Advanced Member
Well good news and bad news ill start with the bad , Aplan / Ensign wont supply me with a coutesy car as its at TGM and they dont have courtesy cars. If i take it to my local garage then i can get one but there's no way im goining to do that as i dont trust anyone else to work on my car so im stranded :evil:

The parts that were damaged on my Gruppe m dont come seperately so im going to ring ensign and ask them to replace the whole kit and see where i get to with that :?

Good news is that some of the parts have arrived at TGM and the rest will be arriving May 12th ish so at least ive got some idea of when the work will start.

I Just want my car back !!!!

M6DLY

Advanced Member
I mentioned in this thread that I’d had a problem with kids and my car’s; well they came back on Friday night/sat morning...

They smashed the drivers side window and the windscreen on my Vitara, with a brick I think. Also keyed both my Astra and my Golf V5...

Thankfully my DC5 was in the garage.

Vitara only cost £60 for windscreen excess. Astra near enough polished out (and on the same day my neighbour reversed into it!)
Worst thing is the Golf, very deep scratch across 2 panels... £250 Excess and loss of no claims...

I know exactly how you’re feeling now...

Got some CCTV the next day... £25 from Aldi, with infa-red, Mic's and talkback. Bargin!

How's your car coming along now?