DC5 3D Model / Illustration Diary

Suped

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
sweetness. can u do ...like...female knockers! :oops:
LMFAO!! nice one...

on a more serious note, thats a really good job there mate. triple it and you've got all 4 sides sorted. :p

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
@ Robert_Raw: Yes, I am using blueprints for the main body shell, but the wheel was modelled using a single photo for reference.

Here's a quick update after a few new surfacing tests.

Cheers! :D

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Just a quick update to show that I am still working on this little puppy!

The bumper was a real pain, as the blueprints were quite a way out - I had to blag most of it with guesswork. The final shape is ok though. Need to add the grill, vents and (gulp!) headlamps, but it's going quite well. The back end shouldn't be any where near as tricky, so hopefully it's down hill from here! (famous last words!!!)

The blueprints I am using came from the Fujimi DC5 model kit instructions (£8 off eBay for the unmade kit), but you can find a few on the web. Do a search on google for 'Integra blueprint' or 'RSX blueprint' and you should find a fair few.

EDIT:

Forgot about some updates to the brake surfaces that I did...

dan the man

Advanced Member
my god its getting good. I always thought gran tourismo was awsome how much detail is in it..this is the same. amazing

think the wheel nuts in second pic need summat doing..first pic light is right but on second pic look like circles in 2d instead of the 3d mound like they are.

Not to criticise but be constructive as feedbacks good imo and your going for real so its how it looks to us guys in the real world no?

keep it up... :!: :D

JiB

Advanced Member
:xnworthy: Wow!!! And has anyone seen the original sales brochure linked in this thread somewhere? Gives me the warm fuzzies in side... 8)

I love my car...lol.

Keep up the über impressive work! :D

micchung

Advanced Member
just a couple of quick questions Sumimasen, what sort of PC machine are you using? how long does the computer it take to render each view?

isn't it going to take ages to render the whole car (when i render stuff it takes ages depending on the detail? - last time i had to keep my computer running overnight and still it hadn't finished :roll: )

anyway keep up the good work

mic

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
My machine at home is an Apple Power Mac G5 2ghz dual processor running OSX 10.4, with 1.5gb of RAM, 2 x 160gb hard drives, and an ATI Radeon 9600 GPU.

I will be upgrading shortly with another 2gb of RAM, and possibly an ATI X800 card, although this card is quite expensive for Mac. I may upgrade the whole machine later when the new Mac Pro's are released. Yum...

The renders you see here took between 1 minute (the bodywork) to 1 hour (for the closeup of the wheel). I set one render going overnight when I had too many settings turned on, and it took 9 hours. This could have been done in less than an hour, but I had only just got the program, and was a bit over-enthusiastic with my setup.

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Quick update as I managed to spend a bit more time working on the bumper. Added the front grill and the badge:

More soon!