DC5 3D Model / Illustration Diary

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Another Update, this time of the side repeater.

Not entirely happy with it, but I'll tweak it after the weekend, as I'm away for a couple of days.

C&C welcome!

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Final update of the week. Just a few tweaks to the front bits and added the final side repeaters. Only the wipers to add now and the front will be finished. Phew!

See you next week!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Very nice! But I think you should go for standard side repeaters because those clear ones just stick out way too much :p :lol:

MyR

Hi there Sumimasen

This is actually my first post!.. So hi to you and everyone!
Ive been on and off this forum for quite a while now but never registered until now.. (Probabably because I dont own an Integra!..Yet;) I do have a Civic Type R though. :)

Anyways.. I've been following this progress diary on your CGI Integra and I just wanted to say what a fantastic job your doing, the car is looking stunning!

I use Maya at the moment as I work in the computer games industry.. Ive used Maya for about 6 years, also used Softimage and a tiny bit of lightwave.
ive never actually used the software your using to produce this car but I may look in to it at some point.

I keep meaning to start modeling a car, and if I do it will probably be either the Civic or a Honda F1 car.. but the work your doing here has inspired me to start something.

Anyway, Keep up the great work!.. Itll be well worth the effort when its finished!

.. and then you can start on the Civic ;)

8)

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Thanks everybody! With regard to the side repeaters, this is a model of my car, and it has clear repeaters, so they are staying as-is. I'll also update with any further modifications. Because I am sad. ;)

Another quick update (just to show that I'm still working on it!!!) More tomorrow, probably.

Desparate to finish this now, as I plan to do Apharmd from Virtual On next, and I'm really looking forward to it!!!

kevie

wow

Just found this thread! awsome but where is the finished results??? 10 pages i scrolled through and i get to last 1 looking for end result and nothing. you know when you read a book and the last page is missing.........

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Sorry about that. I will be carrying on as soon as I can, but I have been REALLY stacked out with work at the moment.

I've gotta go into hospital in about a week and I intend to get this finished while I'm off work recovering. Stay tuned!!!

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
I've been working on a scene for the finished car to drop into. It started as an underground car park, then changed to an underground garage, and now I've settled on a pit lane garage. Needs a lick of paint, and tools etc, and inspired by PGR3, I think I'll put an arcade machine in the corner (and it has to be Atari's Tempest!).

Rendering a second view at the moment, out of the main door and onto the pit straight. Will post when done.

PS This is my first ever attempt at Arch-Vis, so please be gentle!!!

Here's the pic:

Also, here's the latest car render. More this week!

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
That's actually a weird reflection - I have been building the scene to eliminate stuff like this.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to have another dig. Not long, obviously!

Suped

Advanced Member
dont mind kingston, he's a plum hanging off a tree!!

nice looking pit garage though. :D just can't wait to get a glimpse of the classic arcade machine. just gona be smart!! :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
i know that youve modelled it on an actual teg and blue prints, but are you sure you got the front wing right as it looks kinda blocky...