Dyno Charts!!

donkeykong

Advanced Member
well than that dyno is messed up, like i said every dyno is different. read some about the difference in dyno's.
Never ever compare 2 totally different dyno's

leejw87

Spoon Whore
It does read abit conservitive but I'd rather have a lower more realistic reading.. Phil on here (itwasentme) had his dyno'd there when completely standard and it made 199.8bhp.

There dyno is a Dyno Dynamics.

scotty4

Yeah 205 is wheel power, the technician at tdi did say that standard tegs usually run at 197-200bhp on there dyno, so the injen cai in theory has gain around 5bhp. He said that I bought a good strong engine too.

So a teg brand new had 217bhp at the fly, so anyone know if I'm near that ?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
According to my wheel power I lost around 39bhp through the transmission..

The transmission loss on a hub dyno must be different but assume it can only really be effected either by the Callibration of the dyno or the fact theres no rolling resistance of the tyres... Wouldnt like to say what the power is at the flywheel as I've never seen any of the hub dyno's before..

I'm sure there will be someone who can work it out for you.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
like i said powerlosses are different on dyno's roughly i think you are in the range of normal flywheel hp for a dc5.
just compare the dyno with other dc 5 on that dyno

leejw87

Spoon Whore
So the Hub Dyno must have a Transmission loss of about 6-8% according to these figures and the dyno dynamics that romain used on mine roughly had a transmission loss of 18% so basicly theres 10% lost through the rolling resistance of the tyres.. I find that hard to believe tbh.

From what I can gather id say its more down to the Callibration of the dyno what the final figure will be at the flywheel.

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
forget tranmision losses its not measurable properly. The only thing that is measured is torque at the wheels nothing else fly wheel is fantasy land untill you take the engine out of the car. WHP figures are then calculated from the torque Horsepower = Torque x rpm / 5252.

Flywheel is for down the pub serisoulsy

scotty4

Ok thanks guys, so standard Tegs are around 197-200bhp at the wheels. So where does the 217bhp (220ps) figure come from that they are supposed to have???

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Ok thanks guys, so standard Tegs are around 197-200bhp at the wheels. So where does the 217bhp (220ps) figure come from that they are supposed to have???

When a engine is being tested at manfacture level and ecu tuned the engine is measured directly from the fly wheel , after that when in the car the power has to travel via various moving parts when this happens mechanical drag loses a % of power. FWD has joint best with MERD and RERWD. RWD then has to transfer power to the rear wheels from the front and has a higher loss.
The worst power loss is 4wd system as it has more moving parts to transfer power thats why a fwd car with same weight and fly power will always be quicker than the 4wd after 60mph or rolling from 30mph.

Hope that helps.

coolerking

Advanced Member
Still need to get a pic of my dyno graph up, will get on it later

253.1 bhp 175ft/lb torque

K100 mapped by paul at Tdi North
Injen CAI
Buddyclub Pro spec 3
Toda Exhaust Mani
Rbc Inlet Manifold
Port matched 70mm Throttle Body

Very pleased with the results :)

Already looking at cams,valves and pistons now lol

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Still need to get a pic of my dyno graph up, will get on it later

253.1 bhp 175ft/lb torque

K100 mapped by paul at Tdi North
Injen CAI
Buddyclub Pro spec 3
Toda Exhaust Mani
Rbc Inlet Manifold
Port matched 70mm Throttle Body

Very pleased with the results :)

Already looking at cams,valves and pistons now lol
Pointless as the money involved you could have just charged it and made more power and torque.

250bhp is nice for a 2ltr na car though get the graphs up ;)

Where is your vtec kick in now?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
^^^^^ Was this at the fly or wheel mate???

So some of you had left by this point (dont worry there is videos).

Firthy convinced me to dyno the Teg last thing.

Managed to get 217.2bhp and 150 lb ft torque. Chatting to the dyno lad and im running rich (dirty filter doesnt help)

Ill post up graph when im home (in a few days) but suffice to say im happy with that tbh.

Mods:

AEM V2
Buddyclub Pro Spec (catback)