FLASHED HIGH BEAM AND CAR SWITCHED OFF AND ON !?

Mbk786

Advanced Member
I flashed on my high beams today whilst driving on about 60mph... And the car switched off and on again, all the lights came on, on the dash and went off.

never happened before ?!

Its stop doing it now, but it did this couple times today...

any ideas ?

thanks

Mbk786

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
That must have been scary as hell at 60mph!? :xaiweb6:
yeah it was, but it was quick, like car went on and off, really quickly if you get me, was a decrease in power then was back again.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Must be a short in the cables somewhere. Check all the connections for corrosion under the headlights,sounds like water is sitting somwhere it shouldnt.

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Must be a short in the cables somewhere. Check all the connections for corrosion under the headlights,sounds like water is sitting somwhere it shouldnt.
okay thanks will check that out tomas morning

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Its a bumper off job to check underneath buddy, there is a how to on here. Straight forward enough job mate. Never heard of anything so simple shutting off a whole car :/ but that is where I would check first...the lights. :)

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Mbk786 said:
I flashed on my high beams today whilst driving on about 60mph... And the car switched off and on again, all the lights came on, on the dash and went off.

never happened before ?!

Its stop doing it now, but it did this couple times today...

any ideas ?

thanks
REALLY resisting the urge to say just dont flash your high beams - problem fixed :D :D :D :D

But on a serious note sounds scary & I hope you can find the source of the problem quick, as suggested could be water it's a beggar when it gets in where it shouldn't!
Keep us updated :)

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Its a bumper off job to check underneath buddy, there is a how to on here. Straight forward enough job mate. Never heard of anything so simple shutting off a whole car :/ but that is where I would check first...the lights. :)
okay buddy awesome yeah will do, thanks

Mbk786

Advanced Member
emmsyDC5xx said:
REALLY resisting the urge to say just dont flash your high beams - problem fixed :D :D :D :D

But on a serious note sounds scary & I hope you can find the source of the problem quick, as suggested could be water it's a beggar when it gets in where it shouldn't!
Keep us updated :)
haha, yeah thats what my mrs said, "stop flashing your lights then" - but will keep everyone posted of how it goes...

never happened before first time this happened, i think its something to do with water as its been raining really bad "/

beppe786

Beppe
Definitely a short circuit some where check headlight and bulbs for water like jimmer said above

Keep us posted

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Problem solved people, like everyone said there it was a water problem, which was short circuiting the lights.

CL1_EuroR

I had had the same issue yesterday, was driving in rain for about 500klms and then all of a sudden when I put on my head lights, the power would cut for a split second, abs and airbag light would come on for a split second and everything would then go back to normal!

Needless to say I drove the rest of the way with the headlights off.

Mbk786 where was the location of your issue?

CL1_EuroR

Update, car is completely dead, alarm won't chirp, car won't turn over and the car won't start...... Just what I needed of a bank holiday Monday!

CL1_EuroR

It was just a dead battery that caused this.

I got a new battery and have had no issues since.