Idling problem on my DC5, help ?

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Il give an update from my last post.

I havnt as yet fitted my new throttle body, it seems to be alright now with the warmer dryer weather. Tbh I think because i have the Aem cold air intake, and with the wet weather we had this winter, just got gunked up as been said in all the posts a good clean was in order.

Just to recap tho, I took my throttle body off and the IACV cleaned them both out using carb cleaner. Took apart the air intake system and gave a that a good clean and replaced the cone filter (was damp and filthy), and maybe most importantly have had a good few B-road blasts/cruises. Been alright since :).

I did have a problem with an air leak (one of the breather pipes that comes out from the intake tube) always double check and check again, and get a second pair of eyes to have a look also, as I wasn't even the one to spot it my supervisor was.

Also I had a slight problem changing into 3rd gear after I fiddled around with it, but after reading up on here, it just needs adjusting slightly so that the gear selector misses the intake pipe.

Live and learn lol.