Slating Champ white

Evs

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
I felt that I should address some of the comments that, as a whole, bring into question Honda's core aesthetic Type-R ethos.
xrofl

Question it? I'm not questioning it fella... :idea:

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
I feel sorry for all the other CW owners, happily continuing their life when this guy crops up and starts to highlight colour issues!

If everyone liked the same colour then the DC5 wouldnt be as special would it. I like the DC5 whatever colour its in, i prefer certain colours but that my choice.

I think conoroneill is having some issues and instead of picking up on his white insecurities we should help him. Does anyone have any silver spray paint :?: :arrow:

Raffe

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
If you actually painted a DC5 in a really straight white like the kind that were rife in the mid 80's like Ford's 'Diamond white' it would be appallingly bland and flat to look at - trust me.
Diamond white is alos an off white :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vauxhall white has always been very crisp and bluey as opposed to yellowy :wink:

I do find with my car that it depends on the time of the day, and weather as to how white the car actually looks...sometimes I look at it and think it looks stunning, other times it looks disgusting to me..i.e against the fresh crisp snow last week :lol:

I actually bought my Dc2 in black as I had an issue woth CW and tbh really wanted a black Dc5 but one wasnt available at the price I wanted to pay :(

Colour is always going to be a very subjective issue as its purely down to personal choice, there is no right or wrong colour :wink: 8)

kingston

Advanced Member
i think its abit like the small man/dog syndrom with cw owners...

plus we'll add white van man into the occasion too as theyve always got something to prove, especially when your in slow moving traffic and they insist on driving up youer ass :roll: :evil: :evil:

Raffe

Advanced Member
jimmy_atr said:
Raffe said:
i.e against the fresh crisp snow last week :lol:
me thinks this is what tipped him over the edge
I made my wife take the car to work and I took the Corsa instead as I was so embarrased of it :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
i own a beige pre-facelift, im so ashamed of it i use my 10 year old omega estate (which is also a sort of beigey bronzey colour) as my preffered daily drive

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Archie said:
I always thought that white was not a colour ??? the same as black ???
Black and white is an achromatic colour. A colour without hue and saturation

From a physics view, Black refers to a total absence of visible light, if there is no physical stimulus, there can be no physiological response, no response, no perception therefore no colour

Raffe

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
I went from one extreme to another, From a brown one into a pink one!!
Yeh but the question is which do you prefer....

Pink or Brown?? :lol: :lol:

matt b

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
Good question!!

Pink is a better ride, but browns the rare car!!
Isnt the pink car a little unreliable? Doesnt start once a month or so but the brown car goes all year round?

Raffe

Advanced Member
matt b said:
DC5TU said:
Good question!!

Pink is a better ride, but browns the rare car!!
Isnt the pink car a little unreliable? Doesnt start once a month or so but the brown car goes all year round?
The brown car needs a valet after every use :idea: