TDI 3" exhaust

spooke

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
I'm currently in the market to replace my Spoon 4-2 and 2-1 section. I am torn between the Buddy club racing header and holding out for these 'off the shelf' manifolds from Solid Fabrications.

Is there a thread dedicated to the development of these where I can ask a few questions regarding the manifold or will that all come once the jig to reproduce etc, etc is complete? :)
I was looking at the BCRH too, however after reading up on Alans work and ability to create a manifold with bolt in sports-cat for MOT purposes I'm going for one of his systems.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I was looking at the BCRH too, however after reading up on Alans work and ability to create a manifold with bolt in sports-cat for MOT purposes I'm going for one of his systems.
This is also something I had read and was one of my many questions :xlol:

J-dawg

My ep3 has tegiwa mani so decat and tdi 3" system and was 96Db at the last track day. That was at 4.5k. Lovley noise in vtec with the teg m!

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Alan, Do you offer a rolled-out exhaust tip similar to the Kakimoto regu 06&r? I really like the look of that setup but hear the Regu is a bit limiting in regards to gasflow.

spooke

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
I am also down for a solid fab group buy 3" system

Is it happening?
Alan said before he doesn't want to do a group buy. They're now readily available off the shelf now anyway.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I get the impression it's probably better to just call them directly. There's nothing on their eBay shop link and you can't order online from what I can tell. Let us know if you go ahead as I'm seriously thinking about one of these too. It's either this or a kakimoto regu06&r for me, still undecided.

FireDance

Advanced Member
solid-fabrications said:
Yes just give me a message on facebook or email. I can do any tip you like really. Except that mugen one which is a bit unique.
I think I missed that one, what does the Mugen tip look like?

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Are any of you running the 3" super silent + headers on a N/A dc5 on here?
Only know of charged examples.....

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Well I have the solidfab overbore header now and 3" super silent exhaust fitted,
I don't know what everyone's worried about with 3"
This is honestly no louder than my toda for sure!
The only difference is now I have the race header the exhaust note is a lot different in the car due to the thinner metal but something I will get used to!