The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think you're right mate, it feels a tad too low for me. I'm thinking perhaps a Bride would have been better as it's not so much of a drop but the Vanner is a little too low.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I actually don't know the make of one I had but swapped them for standard rails from someone on here. Might have been dotty??

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
I put the measurements, and pictures up of a Bride one in the hks thread.
The bolster is roughly in line with the hand brake trim.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
As silly as this sounds, I've just noticed I had been sat quite far forward in the seats. Now that I've adjusted my seating position and have sat right back against the seat the driving position is a hell of a lot better and I can see much clearer over the wheel. lol

Will see how it goes as it is still very low.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I put the measurements, and pictures up of a Bride one in the hks thread.
The bolster is roughly in line with the hand brake trim.
The bolster is much lower than the hand brake with the Vanner I've noticed that.

Rom

Advanced Member
Get a picture, and measure from the floor, to the top of the front cushion, where your thighs would be.

I could potentially swap it for my hks, but only if it goes back as far. If you wanted to of course

dk123

Advanced Member
I've got the Vanner one Rom and it goes back super far - I'm 6'2 and I can't get close to the pedals when it's all the way back (it basically touches the rear seat) 👍🏼 I love mine but then I am quite tall & like sitting low.

Rom

Advanced Member
Ah, sound like the hks, that almost touches the rear seat too.

I had a Bride, which was as low, bit not as far back. So bought a hks and sold it.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
OliverV said:
It isn't the cheapo tint where you cant see outside or fades to purple.. I know what you mean with "halfords".
Everyone drives like this over here :) It just does not look bad when it has all the same tint all around. Worse view is when you see a bmw driver with front darker than the rear, well, that's max-rice i tell you..

for example a last years picture of the car, it does not look bad -
Tinted front windows and angled number plate, do you not have police there? :xgrin:

ChesterJSY

This weekend I took my Teg on a little holiday to Le Mans to try out the new Toyo R888R's :xvtec:

Car was fantastic, did the Maison Blanche and Bugatti circuits both awesome, so much grip from the new 888's. I used to run the old 888's and the new ones are so much better, less road noise, very predictable and they didnt go off when they go hot. The Teg was awesome on track and what it lacked in power on the straights (compared to the porsches etc..) was more than compensated by the brakes and cornering ability.

dave7368

Advanced Member
shift cable bushings, i set about changing these today,
old rubbery rubber ones...

gone...

new shiny ones fitted...job done, and being from Japan they fit! several sets left over..

also had 4 boxes of Japan Power arrive....

a quick test fit...

...and the rear...

Little bit of camber and should be fine... :xhappy: