Wheels what fits and how they look

kazmo

Advanced Member
I've been confused about this for a while also! I'm guessing there no difference between the ITR and RSX at all, but i love the "Stancedd" look and been looking for the perfect wheels with a lowest offset possible to run on a DC5 without arch work, if you look on ClubRSX i always see people running like 17X9J ET25 with no problems at all, I was looking at a build thread on there earlier and some bloke had Advan RG's they were 17x9J ET29 all around, Running 215/40/17 tires and it looked perfect!

Could anyone shine some light on this subject ? :)
dont be dilluded theyre the same, rsx has a 30mm total narrower track than the type r,

rascal69

Advanced Member
I played it safe and got my arches rolled slightly.
Enkeis will be on this week. I promise. Just going to give them a few coats of sealant

will144

Can anybody help? I have a set of rota torques 17*7.0, 205/40/17. They have 5 studs. Does anyknow if they will fit a dc5? thanks.

Stoo

Whining.....
dont be dilluded theyre the same
This is not true....

The track on a Type R is 15mm per side wider than a normal DC5/RSX, so that means you can't run the same widths/offsets as the american guys are running.

So yes Dave, the hub face is 15mm further out each side than on an RSX.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
This is not true....

The track on a Type R is 15mm per side wider than a normal DC5/RSX, so that means you can't run the same widths/offsets as the american guys are running.

So yes Dave, the hub face is 15mm further out each side than on an RSX.
I think he meant "don't be deluded that they're the same" Stoo :)

Rausner

Almost a reason to get an RSX instead (other than it being LHD and by that being perfect for Sweden) lol.

Form = Nice to look at, excrement to drive.
Function = Nice to drive, boring to look at.
Form + Function = Maahoosive win!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Just to edit/update the 1st post I read saying a 17x8 ET38 wheel with a 215/45/17 tyre would rub on the rear

Luckily i went with my instint and bought a set of Evo 9 alloys, fitted my 215's, went for a drive over the worlds bumpiest carpark and they do fit and don't scrub at all front or rear on my car :)

My DC5 is also lowered 30mm, arches haven't been rolled and I haven't had to fit camber adjusters, result! :)
Wouldn't you be running sizeable camber then with a lowered car and no rear adjustable camber arms? That's probably why you don't have any rear rubbing issues.

Rear adjustable camber arms in many cases are used to correct excessive camber when you lower a car. I would personally go for an alignment check

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
Wouldn't you be running sizeable camber then with a lowered car and no rear adjustable camber arms? That's probably why you don't have any rear rubbing issues.

Rear adjustable camber arms in many cases are used to correct excessive camber when you lower a car. I would personally go for an alignment check
-30mm won't be enough to push the camber out that much on a DC5 IME.

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
Yeah, no... it does have an impact, I'm sure, Just... but not as much as say an EP3 for example, in my experience.

I said IME, because from what I remember - the EP3 started to get pretty negative on the rear at about -35mm (and even worse when it was about -65mm).. but the DC5 not so much. I believe one would need to be quite a bit lower on the rear for it to really push out on the Teg (with OEM rear arms).. I'm not sure why that is though.. I've hypothesized that it might be to do with the fact that the DC5's rear-track is quite wide anyway.. but I don't actually no TBH. Just that -30mm wouldn't worry me as regards negative camber, if I was doing it all over again.

Obviously the best thing when lowering would be to get the geo done as a matter of course, with a set of adjustable arms and bolts upfront.

Car looks banging by the way mate. :D

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Sparco assetto gara rims 7.5 x 17

Front et45 plus 10mm spacer

Rear et45

All wrapped in re070's 225/45/17's

Geo -1.7 front and -1.5 rear with no rolled arches