Wheels what fits and how they look

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Yeah i know what mike is running, old dunlop sp9090 stretched a lot. But it depend on the tires as i heard the ad08 are quite wide for a 225

mike.williams

Advanced Member
i dont reckon a 225 will stretch at all on an 8.5.

to be honest after ive killed these tires, ive been debating on 225/45 all round or may try 255 front and 225 rear :)

Jaybo

I'm thinking of ordering some new wheels, they are 8 x 17 ET35. Car is lowered on Spoon springs and I will be using 215 45 tyres, so there will be a tiny bit of stretch. What do you think? Will they fit?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Jaybo said:
I'm thinking of ordering some new wheels, they are 8 x 17 ET35. Car is lowered on Spoon springs and I will be using 215 45 tyres, so there will be a tiny bit of stretch. What do you think? Will they fit?
You will need a fair bit of camber with them, and possibly your rear arches rolling

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I worked out with 17x8.5 ET30, I would get about a solid inch of poke, even with the ET35 and less half inch width, you would still need a massive amount of camber to get them under the arch, the lip would have to be rolled and possibly stretched to make them legal and give you no scrubbing issues.

Jaybo

I used this calculator online and it reckons I will have an extra 15mm ish of poke. I intend to use the same size tyre as I am currently running.

With my current setup I have no issues with rubbing. Arch clearance would only become a problem if I decide to go lower as far as I can tell. So I don't see how an extra 15 mm would cause and problems as the wheel is no where near the arch.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Just roll the arches.

I had 17x8 et 45 and I had good bit of room.

With my arches rolled and some camber I think a et35 would be easy lowered on coliovers

rascal69

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
i dont reckon a 225 will stretch at all on an 8.5.

to be honest after ive killed these tires, ive been debating on 225/45 all round or may try 255 front and 225 rear :)
225 will fit 8.5 fine.

9 inches is 228 mm

8 inches is 203mm

rascal69

Advanced Member
I ran 215 on my 8 inch enkeis.
Tyres were federal rsrs and it was stretched.
But semi slicks are chunky tyres

will88

Here's mine.The cars sat on Tein S-Tech springs, Eibach Front Camber Bolts and Skunk2 Rear Camber arms with Desmond Marquis Promada Regamasters.

Regamasters are Front 17x9 ET38 Rear 17x8 ET35 with Goodyear Asymetric 2's on the front 235/45/17 and Mitchelin Pilot Sports on the rear 225/45/17

Dropped roughly 1-1.5".

Camber is set up as -2 Front and -1.7 Rear with 0.10 toe-in on the rear.

Arches have been rolled on the rear but fronts havent been touched. It does scrape on the rear but only with a full car/boot/fuel tank.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
You got any better photos mate.

Your front wheels stick out from the hub 8mm more than mine but im running 2.8 degrees camber to get them in the arch.

will88

Taken some for you, as you can see fronts dont really sit in the arch much, doesnt help there being some lock on but you get the idea. going to get some wide arches ordered at some point to cover them up.

Front

Rear

jdm.itr

Guys what do you think about

Rays TE37
17x8.5+40
17x9.5+40
5x114.3

9.5 for the front, but will the rears clear?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
depends on your tyre sizes, i posted 8.5 et40 with 1.5 degrees camber above. it would fit with more camber and an arch roll.

9.5 et40 could work, they would stick out 12mm more than my fronts. i would say mine are on the limit but you could always opt for some wide front arches like the j's racing ones or run more camber. im running 2.8 degrees front