Wheels what fits and how they look

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Man come on, a bit of ok. Looks like crap with too wide and too much stretched tires. Dc5 is not a skyline or a supra. These sizes is for those cars, take your time and find some decent rims in the right size

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Woppy said:
Rota GTR 17x7.5 et35 running 215 Toyos

I think I said this in your other topic but this picture makes me want to strip the C-West kit off mine and but some GTR's in white! So nice.. just a teeny bit lower would do :p

Woppywop

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
So nice.. just a teeny bit lower would do :p
Do it then! The GTR's would look great in white however you can only get these in gunmetal.

Mate, you being a wee nipper you can slam it all you like! At my age I need comfort, that as low as its going :p

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Woppy said:
Do it then! The GTR's would look great in white however you can only get these in gunmetal.

Mate, you being a wee nipper you can slam it all you like! At my age I need comfort, that as low as its going :p
I notice you're ET35, if I'm lower will I require a lower ET in your opinion or is ET35 already a wide enough stance/poke? Also what width tyre does your 7.5J rim run on? I wanna buy some Rota's but the grid's only come in 8J if you get the 17", but they are supplied with 205 tyres and I'm sick of stretched tyres now:
http://www.revolution247.com/catalogue/shop-by-category-alloy-wheels-rota/rota---grid-drift-neo-chrome

The lowest the GTR goes is 17" x 9j! Wtf
http://www.revolution247.com/catalogue/shop-by-category-alloy-wheels-rota/rota---gtr-white

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Pictures on here show some wheels with ranging from ET35 to ET45 all sticking out as far each other.. how does this work? I am thinking of buying some Rota GTR's in 17x8 ET45 but don't want them to go hiding under the arches because of the car being so low (and with me being young and daft as a brush, i wanna keep it low, for now)

Stoo

Whining.....
Do you understand wheel width and offsets?

Oem wheels are 7x17 ET60

A 7.5x17 ET43 sits just about perfect.
Around 23mm further out towards the arch with 11mm more strut clearance

A 9x17 ET50 will have the outer face 11mm further out and the inner lip 25mm towards the strut than the 7.5x17 ET43

The lower the offset, the further OUT the wheel will sit.

Have a look at this calculator to help you.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#Results

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I understand ET but then if you add lowering the car into the mix how does that affect wheel choice? Reason I ask is on my old car and club ('03 Celica), the OEM setup was ET45 but if you lowered the car the rear wheels were COMPLETELY hidden by the arches so to get a nice fit you had to buy a crazy wide and low offset, AND fit spacers.

Stoo

Whining.....
ET or Einpressteife, or Press depth, offset or rim offset just affects the way the wheel sits in the arch. Either closer to the arch or the strut.

Technically, lowering has nothing to do with it, until you fit wheels that are too wide/too low an offset, that can foul the arch when the car is lowered.

ET can satrt to affect your handling however as on the steered wheels, the offset affects the roll radius/scrub angle.

The further you move the wheels projected centre line away from the hub face, the more leverage you will introduce and suffer bump steer

itrsarg

Advanced Member
They would look the almost same as the picture of your car with the rota torques on mate.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
It would seem Rota have discontinued the GTR's or are very slack in making wheels. I've been in contact with 3 distributors and also Rota directly and:

"There are only 2 single GTR's left in the whole of the UK in 17x7.5 ET35 and we have no idea of when we will next restock that size"

itrsarg

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
It would seem Rota have discontinued the GTR's or are very slack in making wheels. I've been in contact with 3 distributors and also Rota directly and:

"There are only 2 single GTR's left in the whole of the UK in 17x7.5 ET35 and we have no idea of when we will next restock that size"
I'm in my second month of waiting for my Rotas to turn up only one more month to go :(

Did you try Julian on 01363 777007 about Rotas gtrs?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I haven't no, who does Julian work for? If its Rota uk then I've already spoken to them

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Yep already rang them too unfortunately, they lost the size on their site but don't have it in stock

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
This thread is a great help. Ive just picked up my DC5. It's lowered on eibach springs with no camber adjustments at present however, my rears are rolled. I'm looking at some enkei RPF1's but am swamped with different sizes.

I'm looking at trying 17x8 et 45. Will these sit nice without affecting my handling? or is the et 35 the way to go or even a 8.5 width.

I'm worried about the fronts rubbing,brembo clearance and my handling. I'm keeping the 215/45/17 tyres.

Thanks Tara

dave7368

Advanced Member
45 would fit nice with no issues i would think, 35 would probably need some camber, from experience i wouldn't personally go 8.5 wide, although there are a few on here that wide or wider..