Recent content by Adz

1. A

Engine Failure

Good advice! Had the car up on the ramps today.. Big end shell had spun and starved the piston of oil. Fortunately there we're no large hunks of metal in the sump! The Crank is mirror clean and the conrod itself seems to look ok. Going to try putting a new big end shell on and see what...
  2. A

Engine Failure

Thanks for your help guys. Ian your right it was ignorant of me to even ask Honda. I'd spoken to a number of garages and even an engineering company locally and none of them would touch it?? So I thought speaking to Honda might at least give me a worse case senario of what I'm looking at.. They...
  3. A

Engine Failure

As I feared! Honda has quoted £4000 for a rebuild.... so thats pretty much a write off to be honest. Is there ANYTHING else that could cause a similar noise? One garage has mentioned something about a problem with the variable valve system that could cause some of the valves to clatter against...
  4. A

Engine Failure

Hi All, Not posted on here for some time, partly due to my DC5 behaving as it should do. I've had the car for 7 years and it's not missed a beat.. until today.. After dropping out of a 20 second stint of Vtec'ing I noticed a horrible hollow clatter @ around 2-3,000 rpm.. that nasty bottom end...
  5. A

Cleaning out the clusters!?

Hi All, Has anyone had any success in cleaning out the inside of the front light clusters? My 2001 DC5 is showing its age in terms of the all the little bits of scum that gets ground into all the nooks a crannys.. I've been stripping the car down for a BIG clean.. all the parts that can come...
  6. A

TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

I've had all Toyos and F1's all round on my Teg in both winter and summer and I have to say F1's are better in my opinion! Neither last long... at all!.. well not on the fron tyres at least!.. :wink: Been throught a set of fronts in about 2 months :shock:
  7. A

0 to 60 times ??

If you dont' like noisey in the cabin... stear clear of the Spoon N1 system if you ever get a DC5! I reguarly get headaches on long journeys :lol:
  8. A

my brakes squeek like buggery!! help!

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567&start=15 Only cost me 30 summat quid too..
  9. A

Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak... ARGHHHH!!!

Just a quick update.. Honda said they just needed to strip the calipers and clean and grease them.. so they did.. and they were right.. no more squeeks!! :D Gonna get the rotors skimmed soon tho..
  10. A

Best place for replacement nob

I quite like my nob as it is... :shock: :lol:
  11. A

Group Buys for K-100 ECU?

I would be up for a K100 if the price was right... :wink:
  12. A

8) Sweet... all I need to do now is find somewhere that does it! :D
  13. A

Top gear Integra review?

Post up the E-mail address and we'll all make a concerted effort to hassle them.. (Just im too lazy to go find it myself) :lol:
  14. A

Purchased a Suitable DC5 Car Cover!!

I assume since your an importer you sourced this straight from Japland?.. Are you able to get your hands on anymore?.. if so how much? Cheers, Adz
  15. A

Really apprectiate your input lads.. Looking at the size of the lip on the rotors then I'd say this is most likely the cause of the problem! How much work is it to get them turned?.. I assume they have to be removed along with the calipers from the car.. then refitted.. Im thinking it might be...