Recent content by lockwood77

1. lockwood77

Mintex 1144s in correct 14mm thickness - anywhere!?

Fair enough, but it's hassle and I don't know anywhere local I could go (sure there are places, but I have to find them). TGM is a good call, I've just emailed them.
  2. lockwood77

Mintex 1144s in correct 14mm thickness - anywhere!?

I loved the 1144s in my old DC5, awesome pads. Always bought them from Paul G, who of course doesn't do them any more. I've tried Eight Speed, but they told me they would have to grind down the ones they have to the correct thickness and then never replied to my "how much?" email. I'm now stuck...
  3. lockwood77

Last minute trackday place, Oulton Tues 12th June, £75

I have been let down very badly by a place rebuilding my RX-7 gearbox, who were given ample time to sort it out (considering that they had done it once and it wasn't right) and failed by only refitting it today and discovering the clutch wouldn't engage far enough at 5pm. :( I am booked on to...
  4. lockwood77

aftermarket springs with oem struts question

Your dampers will have a shorter lifespan, particularly as the rear dampers are very short on a DC5. You are making them work at a higher frequency than they were designed for (generating additional heat) and I guarantee they will fail quicker than running OEM springs. That might still be...
  5. lockwood77

New front disks and pads help required

EBC pads are rubbish, avoid. DS2500 or Mintex 1144 will give you significantly better braking than OEM pads (more expensive of course!)
  6. lockwood77

Need another Type R...so thinking DC5

I don't think FHSH is anything to be sought after - whilst a lot of the DC5 is the same/similar to an EP3, they do have important differences. Moreover, there are a hundred garages I would trust more than the local Honda dealers to work on my car! There was never any warranty on a DC5 in the UK...
  7. lockwood77

donny open pitlane 13/11/2011 £105 AT THE MOMENT

Well in that case you should be OK. :)
  8. lockwood77

Is that static or drive-by? If it's static you'll be way over. Wouldn't fancy it with the bung in if my old DC2 N1 was anything to go by, it absolutely killed the power!
  9. lockwood77

Yeah, 98db drive-by, you'll never pass with a Spoon N1. :(
  10. lockwood77

If only my FD wasn't too loud (and the power steering was working...) I'd be there too. :(
  11. lockwood77

Well you can buy some of mine if you're coming round this weekend! :)
  12. lockwood77

Suspension top mount - Is this safe?

Don't J's struts come with (metal) washers to mount underneath the fitting plates on the strut? Mine did.
  13. lockwood77

help are my pads ment to move?

Pads shouldn't move much at all, you have got the pins in and secured right? Also, I don't know if standard DS2500s fit - Paul supplies Mintex pads that fit, but the standard DC5 pad shape is too wide and rubs on the bell (found this out after spending £212 on a set of Carbotech XP10s that just...
  14. lockwood77

Car pulling to the right!

I'd keep them on, but you should be able to pop them off the hubs and move them front to rear (or the other way round) so that the wheels still fit.
  15. lockwood77

Car pulling to the right!

Hmm, I had this when moving rears to the front and putting new tyres on the back. Down to the geometry settings and how the tyres wear. If it had happened without changing tyres, I would be looking at bushes and bolts around the subframe, but it's too much of a coincidence, especially as the...