Recent content by maxvr6

1. maxvr6

Drivers side door not opening with fob

This eventually happens to all DC5's and its most likely the actuator, to test it take the door card off and connect the actuator directly to the battery (you might need to rig up some long wires to do this), if nothing happens replace the actuator, from memory I'm guessing this was around £45...
  2. maxvr6

Springs

That all depends on if your car is actually rocking FL shocks, check if the springs wind the same way or opposite, if opposite you have FL shocks and springs.
  3. maxvr6

Brake light to fog light question

You can fix most forum links by just editing the address from .com to .club they will still work
  4. maxvr6

Radiator fan on after 10 mins of driving

Checked your coolant levels?
  5. maxvr6

Replacing rear suspension advice needed- Coilovers to Standard Shocks/Lowering Springs

Have you jacked up the whole rear so you're not fighting against the sway bar?
  6. maxvr6

Suspension question

I think this question comes up every now and then because nobody ever explains why... The FL and PFL shocks and springs are different, this is because the FL shocks use inversely wound springs, this was a development that Honda added to reduce bump steer, as a result the lower spring seat on...
  7. maxvr6

Has anyone painted carbon before

I just mean that's the ideal way to do it, but filler should work fine as well.
  8. maxvr6

Has anyone painted carbon before

Ideally it needs some fresh epoxy resin adding back in, similar to how you would repair the gelcoat on a piece of fibreglass, i think a fair amount of strength is in the outer resin layer on 'wet carbon' as opposed to dry carbon that's been infused and baked under pressure. I don't see why you...
  9. maxvr6

Modulo Trim

Like i said its marmite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBdgbmRBJU Is that what adam said as he smashed it up :lol:
  10. maxvr6

BC coilovers from ep3

Yes and it doesn't matter if its a facelift or pre facelift car it will fit, you just have to keep in mind the additional parts you'll need to make it work, you will need ep3 tie rod ends (taper is smaller) and a 1mm washer either side of the rear shock mount bushing so 4 i total. Ep3 tie rod...
  11. maxvr6

Modulo Trim

It is rare especially the centre console part, and its also a bit marmite, personally i just have the rings as the rest is a bit too much to me, as a set in good condition its worth the best part of a couple hundred quid, and the U.S guys will probably bite your arm off for it lol
  12. maxvr6

Creaky rear end

Trailing arm bushes?
  13. maxvr6

Error codes

So its your secondary and primary O2 sensors, then your knock sensor and lastly your vehicle speed sensor, have you tried clearing the codes then driving it and seeing if any of it comes back? What you said about the wire that goes behind the clocks, it sounds like your speed converter is...
  14. maxvr6

VTEC not engaging - EML/oil level?

If it keeps coming up with the VSS, could it not be related to the little speed converter either on top of the gearbox or behind the cluster? These are known to go especially the ones installed on the gearbox as they are exposed to the elements. Could also be a dodgy connection between the two?
  15. maxvr6

BC coilover seized

As above get some WD40 in there, are you doing this by hand as it can be quite hard to do, or after unlocking the height collar are you trying to turn it using the upper spring locking collar with the c spanner?