Recent content by morgan

1. M

Who's a Go to Guy/Garage/Girl For Importing DC5s now?

Blimey. Wish I'd hung onto mine now ! Yep, Took me ages to find a red one in the jap auctions. When I did Andy at 200bhp managed to get his agent to buy it and ship to his usual exporter. They were like hens teeth then - didnt know they had got even rarer. I got lucky and found a 2003 4.5B...
  2. M

Whats the best Type-R?

I've had both DC2 and DC5. Sorry chaps, but IMHO the DC2 was better. In fact I got the DC5 because I missed the DC2 so much, and it just never quite got there. Evo had it right - 5stars for the DC2 and 4.5 for the DC5 "lost a little of the old cars magic"
  3. M

rating dc5

Just thought I would chip in... DC5 is an 8 or 9 /10. On a board like this (which after all is DC5 fans) its going to be tough to get too many of the negative points, but like anything there are a couple. - The diff. I got used to it, but the diff is pretty brutal, certainly more instrusive...
  4. M

How did you all take the plunge?

Be warned - I found the DC5 harsher than the DC2 and less suited to the rubbish roads round here... if your reason for the change is comfort you may be disappointed. Try before you buy !
  5. M

Couple of queries from a dull witted newbie.

Can confirm the only suspension option was "What suspension?" :lol:
  6. M

How much to fill the tank?

Thats subjective at best... DC5 wayyyyy more hardcore. Golf sounds nice in the lower rev range ( if about 2 cylinders short for a real V engine ! ). DC5 murders it once the revs are up !
  7. M

dc5 compared to dc2 and ep3

Just to be contentious... I have owned DC2 and DC5, and preferred the DC2. I personally found the DC5 LESS comfortable - the suspension and ride is crushingly hard, and the LSD far more intrusive than the DC2. DC5 does have some advantages - the mid range is better, and it has the 6th gear the...
  8. M

Alot more than that I would have thought. I see quite a few these days. Few thousand I would expect.
  9. M

one lucky man

Bloomin rubbish diesels - they are a menace :roll:
  10. M

Jamaica Type R Club [JTRC] Pics

Blimey ! Well, it looks more fun than Milton Keynes....
  11. M

Hello..from a female DC5 owner

Aw, thats beautiful. Its what every girl wants to hear. :roll: :)
  12. M

Buyer Beware

Dont forget it might not be able to be registered. There is some magic form/ref that an import needs and without it you cannot get type approval. This has caught out even the best importers. If thats the case, you wont know until after sale and by then you are stuck with a car you can do...
  13. M

Buyer Beware

Any one of those things mentioned would have been enough for me to walk. That sounds a complete dog. All these posts about prices around at the mo, but the fact of the matter is (with a few exceptions, I realize) - you get what you pay for. Yes, my car was 50% more than this, but it was...
  14. M

Bikers / Boarders?

Remember the boot floor is useless - it wont take heavy weight ! Its not wood like most cars, its flimsy and lightweight... (e.g. put something over to protect it if loading heavy things in it).
  15. M

DC5's and commuting

I use mine for a 20K commute. The only downside will be the (relative) discomfort of the Integra. e.g. they are pretty damned bumpy and harsh on a b-road ! But that depends on your journey style. The service intervals are no different from any other honda, and nothing special is required...