Recent content by sovietspybob

1. sovietspybob

Hey guys newbie north wales

When i had my teg i was the only one on the coast in north wales, as soon as i sell it they're everywhere!
  2. sovietspybob

Crappy seat belts

Id guess at some kind of silicone based lubricant
  3. sovietspybob

Admiral- 10month vs 12month

They treat it just the same, I've used it in the past and changed insurers afterwards and it's fine. On your renewal it shows as an extra full years NCB
  4. sovietspybob

im soooo glad i dont drive a Poobaru or a member on this forum...

I find alot of the scooby boys seem to confuse handling with grip, my scooby defiantly grips better than my teg did BUT the teg had sweeter handling out of the box. Similarly my missus MX5 handles amazingly, probably the best of anything ive really driven but doesn't have anything like the...
  5. sovietspybob

im soooo glad i dont drive a Poobaru or a member on this forum...

I now own a scooby but that pretty much sums up the reasons why I still hang around here rather than over on scoobynet!
  6. sovietspybob

Getting Insurance Impossible!

Thats a bloody good price at 21! i'd bite their hand off at that!
  7. sovietspybob

Heat wrapping manifold!

I had the manifold wrapped when I bought my car and it did seem to keep engine bay temps down but no idea if it was any good for the manifold keeping all that heat in.
  8. sovietspybob

Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

I think as 1. They are 225 section instead of the stock 215 and 2. they are marked as for the Subaru STI only Don't let that put you off though! They're cracking tyres...
  9. sovietspybob

Yokohama AD08 or Bridgestone RE070

I've got the re070s on my scooby and theyre amazing, they scrub in like proper track tyres as don't just melt into a gooey mess! Really sharp turn in aswell thanks to the big shoulder blocks and stiff sidewall.
  10. sovietspybob

Problem with gearbox!

I had my reverse lock fail, look under your airbox for a small plug ontop of the gearbox and make sure it's plugged in all the way, it can get knocked and stops the lock from engaging. It's some kind of speed sensor for te gearbox iirc. hopefully it could be as simple as a plug worked loose.
  11. sovietspybob

Very happy with admiral!!

Thats strange blueguy i've got my coilovers and exhaust declared on my admiral policy, maybe they've only recently changed it?
  12. sovietspybob

Very happy with admiral!!

Admiral have always been very cheap for me. Day, you'll want to get on a multicar as soon as you can because it saves you a fortune! I've got a multicar with my scooby and my yaris on it, and the more cars you add the cheaper it gets, I just added my wifes MX5 and because i added another car...
  13. sovietspybob

RIP Grov's Teg

ooooOOOOOooooo handbags at dawn :P Must suck to have your pride and joy wrecked but can't mope about it i guess. What car you getting next?
  14. sovietspybob

Can torque steer be eliminated on the 2001 DC5R?

As said the pulling sensasion is pretty much all the LSD doing its magic as being a honda it famously has no torque! I found it rather scary when i first got the car as it felt like it was trying to pull you off the road but turns out my LSD was pretty knackered so once i got that changed for...
  15. sovietspybob

Right rear strut leaking

Do you have oem suspension? If so you can buy the whole lot of oem suspension for 100-150 quid. Try intrgrastella on eBay I'm sure he'll have a strut in stock for not much money.