Search results

1. A

Engine Failure

Hi All, Not posted on here for some time, partly due to my DC5 behaving as it should do. I've had the car for 7 years and it's not missed a beat.. until today.. After dropping out of a 20 second stint of Vtec'ing I noticed a horrible hollow clatter @ around 2-3,000 rpm.. that nasty bottom end...
  2. A

Cleaning out the clusters!?

Hi All, Has anyone had any success in cleaning out the inside of the front light clusters? My 2001 DC5 is showing its age in terms of the all the little bits of scum that gets ground into all the nooks a crannys.. I've been stripping the car down for a BIG clean.. all the parts that can come...
  3. A

Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak... ARGHHHH!!!

For the last few weeks my car has started squeak.. But it's not just when I press the brake or anything it's pritty much all the time.. bumps seem to start it off too.. The pads seems good and the disc's still have a bit of mileage left in them (apparently) The Squeak actualy stops if I squeeze...
  4. A

Going Lower... Coilovers etc.. (ANTI-SPEEDBUMP RANT)

I have Eibach Progressives fitted.. and I wonder how people can go much lower?.. I think it's Spoon Cat Back system?.. the B-Pipe seems to drop lower than the standard zorst.. and even with the small drop from the Eibach's it can scrape on certain speed bumps etc.... :(
  5. A

Ferrari 355 Eat my Dust... Wtf???...

Erm.. was trundling my way home late last nite :wink: when I came across a Ferrari 355 Spider being harrased by a Modified Toyota Starlet.. :roll: lol Well I decided to follow the pair and laff as the Toyota got wasted on the A roads.. but after a short while with me on his tail the...
  6. A

Magnex Back Box

Hey ppl.. some thoughts please.. Mate of mine has offered me a nearly new Magnex large bore backbox for next to nothing.. How do you think fitting something like this would effect the teg?.. Reduce or improve performance/sound.. or just stay the same?.. I say this coz Im aware that the...
  7. A

Ohhhhh.... Lets talk about this?...

http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.mv?Sc ... y_Code=NCC :P
  8. A

Changing Gear..

Following on from the last thread.. What revs are people finding 'the perfect' changes at?...
  9. A

No automatic function on the drivers window!!??

Had the battery off today for half an hour or so.. new one is on, and everything seems fine.. Except!... that auto up/down fucntion has stopped workin! :cry: Any ideas?...
  10. A

If you had £4,000 to spend on your Teg..

If you had £4,000 to spend on your Teg.. how would YOU spend it?.. answers on a postcard please.. :xClubbed:
  11. A

Noise when Reversing or pulling off in 1st Gear

Ever since I've had my DC5 there has allways been a strange high pitch noise.. kind of a whirring noise when the clutch is engaging. Seems to go away when the car is warm. Honda noticed it when I first had it.. said it was odd but did'nt think it was detrimental. Was wondering if I am alone on...
  12. A

Manifold Cover Rattle..

Hey people.. was just wondering if anyone elses cover rattles against the top of the manifold when they rev up?.. really anoying.. not really sure wot Im gonna do to stop it yet since its all nice and tight! Little Bugger :(
  13. A

Material for covering MDF builds..

Hello!.. Made a custom shelf for my ITR out of MDF.. need somethin to cover it wiv and make it look nice! I was wonderin if anyone knows of somewhere that does a good range of this kind of stuff for cars? Lookin for blue to match my interior.. Any suggestions? Cheers, Adz
  14. A

Shelf conversion to support 6x9's?..

I am weighing up the option of replacing the rear speakers, or trying to fit a nice set of 6x9's instead! :) The main problem with this is the parcel shelf being made of material as apposed to something solid! Some sort of conversion is gonna be needed to support the new speakers but im...
  15. A

A warning to all DC5 owners

I recently heared of a nasty incident that happened to a guy with a silver DC5, somewhere in the midlands??.. If its you, then please correct my story if im wrong.. Chap was happily drivin along when somethin hit the bottom of the car. I don't know about you, but with the roads around me being...