Search results

1. G

OWNERS OF BLUE TEG DC5

Blue is nice. Wouldn't like black 'cos it would make it too dark I think.
  2. G

My Brakes are Pants

I paid £403.99 from Unit-8 for the Mugen discs.
  3. G

My Brakes are Pants

So how heavy are those compared to stock discs?
  4. G

My Brakes are Pants

I've found the Mugen Active Gate discs plus DS2500 pads a good combination. Consistent braking lap after lap with no fade. Wear level seems to be good after one trackday.
  5. G

DC5 3D Model / Illustration Diary

I'd forgotten about this thread. Awesome model, impressive stuff - must have taken you an age, not sure I'd have the patience! 8)
  6. G

Those who have had S2k and DC5, comments please!

Thought this might be of interest as Evs mentioned it briefly. Here's a vid of a K20a powered Exige. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... xige+honda 8) The Exige/Elise 111R will be my next purchase simply because of the handling fun you can have. I'm going for a test drive in both...
  7. G

Bedford, 14th October

From the Motorsport Vision site: "Events are run in all weather but we may have to cancel or shorten an event in the case of extreme weather conditions or heavy fog due to safety issues. The decision to do this will normally only be taken on the day of the event and the decision will be binding...
  8. G

Bedford, 14th October

I hope not. Going to bedford this week and it looks like it's gonna rain. :shock:
  9. G

Which wheels to sell. FFS

Sorry, but white on red just doesn't work. Keep the OEMS.
  10. G

Do you actually like your cars.

I don't see why people complain about the brakes on the DC5 so much. Yes, there's more initial bite on the DC2, but it's not all about initial bite. Over a period of time (ie: when they're hot) the DC5 brakes perform much more consistently and don't suffer from fade like the DC2 did. The...
  11. G

Do you actually like your cars.

It's all said with tongue firmly in cheek though! The DC5 is a rare car and we intend to keep it that way. The last thing we'd want is for the DC5 to become a chav mobile - like the Civic. :wink:
  12. G

Valve clearances

Page 6-37 in the RSX workshop manual. There's too many to list so it would be easier to go and have a look. http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/
  13. G

slicks or semis

Before this thread descends into an argument based on myth and conjecture. I've found a useful wiki entry that describes what happens in understeer conditions (ie when you reach the limit of adhesion of the tyres). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understeer Note the paragraphs: "This...
  14. G

slicks or semis

Well I don't agree that they will suddenly "give up". I found when reaching the limit of the grip, they will understeer and washout long before it lets go - if it even does let go. This is a front wheel drive car remember - to make it let go, you need to unbalance it and that means moving the...
  15. G

How to change front pads?

Thanks. Thought it was something to do with those pins. How were the pistons squeezed back - was it just with a g-clamp or something?
  16. G

Rob: so do the calipers flip up like the RSX or do you have to remove them?
  17. G

slicks or semis

I'd have to disagree with the whole - semi-slicks are harder to drive on. If you've not done many trackdays then fair enough do a few more and get used to the car. But I didn't find semi-slicks more difficult to drive. You just need to take your time warming them up, then gradually get...
  18. G

slicks or semis

I used semis for the first time a couple of weeks ago, with smaller (16") wheels. However, it seems to be difficult to find a semi-slick with a low profile for 16" and I've ended up with 205/55/16. Plenty of grip though and improves the steering responsiveness and braking hugely. Kept up...
  19. G

I'd like to know too? Does the whole caliper have to come off. Is there an online guide for this, as the RSX manual is for the non-brembo front brakes.