Search results

1. R

Anyone here owned an S2000?

Looks like I'll be selling the Teg... for an S2000 :green: I'm starting to get itchy feet and fancy a change, and I might take the opportunity to free up a bit of cash also by selling the Teg and picking up an early (01) S2000. I'll be sad to see the Teg go (although I'm not quite ready to sell...
  2. R

How to settle the rear more?

Just out of curiosity really... how would you induce a little more understeer by altering tyre pressures? I usually have 36psi all round... if I lowered the rears to 30psi would that do the trick?
  3. R

Looking for an exaust... what to do about the cat?

I'm looking at replacing my Mugen Twinloop with something a little less sociable :twisted: I definitely don't want something over the top though (no J's 70RR!) and ideally 95db or under for tracks. I spied the Buddy Club Pro Spec, anything else you think might fit my bill? Looking at the...
  4. R

Hissing from the rear of the car...

I've just stripped out the rear of the car ready for a trip to the 'ring, and the loss of sound proofing has made me notice a new noise. When I turn the engine on there's a slight 'hissing' sound coming from the back somewhere. I don't think its an exhaust leak. Does the fuel filter or pump...
  5. R

Recommended Garage / Tyre Fitters in Sheffield

Just had some new tyres fitted and I have to give these guys a recommendation as they were fantastic. They're Auto Dynamics, based in Attercliffe. No airguns, just hand tools. And because they're a wheel supplier they really know their stuff. If they can look after a £5,000 set of 911 Turbo...
  6. R

Just had the car broken into...

... in the work car park in the city centre. Threw a stone through the window and stole the TomTom from the glove box. Also managed to damage the driver's door and various trims inside the car in the process. Absolute assholes. There's glass EVERYWHERE. God knows how I'm going to clean it all...
  7. R

How many miles after the low petrol light?

I've not long had the car and the twice I've filled it up the light's come on around 250 miles. However when I fill the car up I can only get around 45 litres in. How big's the tank? If its a 60 litre tank then by my reckoning I should be able to get about 330 miles to a full tank. So if I can...
  8. R

Another new arrival!

Finally picked up my DC5 from Andy at 200bhpcars on saturday, and she's a beauty! Only 8k miles on the clock, I almost feel bad driving it :lol: All I can say is WHAT a car 8) never thought it'd be THIS good. I'm seriously impressed. And I thought these weren't supposed to be that fast...
  9. R

Good first track for the Teg

I've been to a few trackdays but never in a Teg and I'd like to start getting used to the car in a reasonably safe environment My nearest and favourite tracks (I'm in Sheffield) are Oulton and Cadwell but they're not really the best places to practice the effects of lift off oversteer for the...
  10. R

Nurburgring and Insurance

I've been to the Nurburgring a few times now and I'll be taking the DC5 next year. So far I've not had specific insurance, and I used to have Green Flag breakdown cover which I now believe doesn't recover from the Nurburgring. I've just had a track day insurance quote from Moris for a single...
  11. R

What's 200bhpcars's address?

Could someone send me their address? Need it for insurance and can only find the postcode on the website :cry:
  12. R

Disklok Steering Wheel Diameter

Does anyone know the steering wheel diameter on the DC5? I'm after a Disklok and I don't know if I need a small or a medium one.
  13. R

Groan...

Doing the ol' insurance rounds, its so tedius :| Trying to get it under £800 as that's what I budgeted for :D Best so far is Sky with £821, just seeing if anyone can better it. Should finally be picking the car up soon! Andy's collecting it tomorrow :D
  14. R

Nurburgring trip...

... but not in a DC5 (sadly - should be arriving in September) Still, my final lap in an RX8 was 9:09 - my best yet. The owner managed a 9:01 lap when he went out on his own, a very capable car indeed.
  15. R

Rick's insurance lowdown...

Thought I may as well keep everyone updated on my insurance situation, in case it helps. Bought a car from Andy but it'll be September before I take collection so I thought i've got plenty of opportunity to ring around and get a good deal. I'm 27 with 4 years NCB. Car parked on the drive...
  16. R

Anyone know this car?

Is this a member of the forum or does anyone know of this car? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/513736.htm
  17. R

S'pose I should introduce myself then...

Well I've been a (not very active) member for years now as I've always had a soft spot for DC5's. I've now taken the plunge and enlisted Andy's help to source me a car and I think I'll be spending a lot of time on here in the coming months. Previous car was a 306 Rallye which I've owned for 4...
  18. R

Anyone know of any good videos on the DC5?

I'm an avid fan of Best Motoring International and I've got quite a few of them, they show some incredibly interesting and insightful road tests of the Integra (DC2 and DC5, and the facelift too) as well as putting them on various track battles against other cars. I just wanted to know if there...
  19. R

Why DIDN'T you choose a focus RS?

Two cars I'm very seriously considering at the moment are the DC5 and the Focus RS. I'm yet to test drive either of them (don't seem to have the time - I'm always working on my car!) but I think I'd prefer Honda's gorgous VTEC engine and N/A power delivery to the RS's turbocharged approach. As...
  20. R

Thinking of getting a DC5...

Hi all :D Don't know WHY I never considered a DC5 as my next car but I just have and I'm oh so in love with the idea 8) I drive a 306 Rallye at the moment (175bhp, 1065kgs without fuel) and I of course considered an EVO but I think it'll be too expensive and I'll end up not being able to do...