Search results

1. S

First Service (under my ownership) - 34k.

Had the car about 6 -7k now, so just ordered: 2 x 5l 5w-40 Silkolene Pro S (1 for service, 1 for top ups) 2 x Gearbox Oil. Already have oil filter, my mate who works at local garage (Ford mostly) is going to be carrying out the service as it's fairly mundane stuff and I trust him (also the...
  2. S

Winter Wheels

How many of you run winter wheels with winter(ish) tyres? Was considering getting some darker alloys to save the white ones in the winter and also get some tyres that were more suited for the British winter time. Anyone got a recommendations? I might just keep an eye out for some Civic R...
  3. S

HIDs?

Silly question, last night was the first time driving my car and night for a while and the headlights don't seem to be quite as bright as before. Now this can either be three things from what I can imagine, either the bulbs need replacing (hmm expensive) or the power pack needs replacing (hmm...
  4. S

Flare Holder....Fire Extinguisher

Mine didn't come with the flare and I know it's illegal to have the flare there, but it annoys me having a holder for nothing; makes me feel my car is missing something. So I thought a small fire extingusher would look quite cool and wouldn't make me feel less of a man for having an empty...
  5. S

Radiator Caps on Ebay?

Such as this Are they real, or just normal ones with fancy stickers on? I'm assuming the latter, they seem a bit too cheap to be real, worth an ask though I thought... Cheers.
  6. S

Sticky 2nd....

Anyone else have a sticky 2nd gear? Mine takes a bit more force and feels quite notcy getting into second, more so when the car is colder. I'm guessing maybe a selector has gone as the other gears are just fine. It's not bad enough to make me shell out for a new box or anything, but just...
  7. S

Staright through mid pipe, how loud?

How loud will my car be with a straight through mid pipe with standard cat and a fujitsubo back box? I'm booked in Saturday to get one fabricated, but getting a little worried now that it may be too loud for my liking!
  8. S

Fractured Midpipe

I've got a fracture on my Fujitsubo mid pipe on the centre section just after the silencer so it's blowing like a biatch :( What's the best and cheapest way to get this sorted? I'm gonna call round see if I can find someone to weld it, but I've been told they'll want it off the car to do it...
  9. S

Two new tyres, now steering wheel is out of alignment?

Just got two new Goodyear F1s fitted last night, which are fantastic, and the grip is immense compared to the old Advans, however: Now my steering wheel is slightly out of alignment, as in I have to hold it about 5 degrees anti-clockwise to go completely straight, also the car bares a lot to...
  10. S

Black Circles...

I've ordered 2 new tyres today with fitting service at a local dealer, all good, etc. I recieved an email confirming the order, but what now!? Do they contact me again to let me the tyres are there and arrange a time for me to go down? Do I have to call the local garage directly and ask?
  11. S

Two Stupid Questions (with pics)

What do these two buttons do, I've had a play with them, and they just don't seem to do anything :?:
  12. S

Fujitsubo?

I've got one of these fitted to my otherwise standard DC5, my mate (who use to have an EP3) tells me that it's a Fujitsubo Power Getter, and that it is a very good exhaust system! Are they good, have I got lucky getting this with the car? Certainly sounds the part, a small burble at low revs...
  13. S

HU Adapter

The car I'm picking up Saturday has a double DIN HU in place which I'm not keen on, I plan on taking this out and putting in my normal Alpine HU. Where can a get a facia adapter, are they the same as the civic? Will I need any other fitting adapters for everything to work? Cheers, Sean.
  14. S

New Northants Member

Just thought I'd formally introduce myself, after speaking to a few people in my for sale thread. I've just placed a deposit on a cream (ok championship white) DC5 with Red Interior on 28k miles. Am coming from a Renault Clio 172 Cup and have loved the car, they are an absolute hoot to drive...