Search results

1. R

Loud knocking during the wet only...

Are you all running after market exhausts? It's quite common and normal I think, remember reading something about the cold water hitting the very hot b-pipe/exhaust. I remember when it first happened to me lol
  2. R

To the jrsc'd owners

Can't say I've noticed a problem, then again I had TGM fit the charger so maybe that's why. Give Tom a call and see if he can advise something.
  3. R

Turbo question

If you're not too worried about the cost mate speak to TDI North. They do a turbo kit for the DC5 so it would be supplied, fitted and mapped. Would take care of all you need I reckon. DaveC has a build thread on here with info and pics etc.
  4. R

jackson supercharger throttle problems.please help

I tried the Tegiwa one, it failed, haven't contacted them about a refund yet. Original second hand is a better option. It will need to be fine tuned most probably, I had romain at Eurospec do it for me.
  5. R

1st lap scare at the Ring

Think you should just cut the end out, looks like a great piece of drifting!
  6. R

Loss of power :(

I would say TPS maybe. If all throttle response was lost I wouldn't think it would be oil. If it was sluggish then it could be oil in my opinion, but completely no throttle response may be due to the TPS. Speak to Romain :)
  7. R

Loss of power :(

Did it completely lose throttle response? And only recovered after dipping the clutch? Another possibility could be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) being on its way out. A few cases of that recently for some reason.
  8. R

Panicking!

Hopefully you won't have done anything serious, if its driving fine looks like you've had a lucky escape mate! Just take it easy, get used to the gear positions, don't slam it into gears, you won't accidentally select first unless you really force it in.
  9. R

Tdi North Tunning

Depends on your budget mate, RBC would be top of my list as produces good power for the money, and then exhaust manifold. Maybe even get the Buddyclub RBC and throttle body combo as mentioned above. More extreme could be cams or forced induction :D
  10. R

JRSC Only hitting 7psi with 3.2 pulley Kpro Tuning

It is likely to be the belt slipping as lee mentioned, remember romain mentioning some sort of adhesive or spray to get the belt gripping properly, maybe worth looking into.
  11. R

sad times...

No way, gutted for you mate, any idea how much the insurance company will pay out to let you keep the car? Hope it works out well for you mate.
  12. R

Are CPL Racing any good for mapping?

Romain at Eurospec is very good, heard a few horror stories about cpl, TGM recommend romain as well so peace of mind there! Mapped my JRRC Teg and would definitely recommend him!
  13. R

only revving to 7000rpm

How new are the spark plugs mate? And oil at max mark?
  14. R

anyone got a buddy club bonnet?

You could probably get one made up to do the Job mate, just needs the two screws in the right place to slot into the openings either side of the vent under the bonnet. :)
  15. R

anyone got a buddy club bonnet?

Do you have the cover beneath the mesh? If so you have nothing to worry about :)
  16. R

What are they worth?

Think I saw some 17s for sale for £1200 recently, was hoping they'd be worth a bit more lol! I may put the car up for sale as it is and see what interest I get in it. Thanks for the input!
  17. R

What are they worth?

Hi guys I'm planning on stripping the car, and wanted to gauge an idea on what my wheels are worth. They are genuine volk Ce28n, 18 x 7.5, no major kerbing at all but could do with a refurb as corrosion on some spokes. They are wrapped in Yokohama Parada spec 2 with LOTs of life left. I've...
  18. R

My experience with Eight Speed.

Well good show in not making any excuses or arguments. Mistakes can happen, hopefully all parties will be happy even though its taken some time! :)
  19. R

Car rocking-please help,had this problem for aaaages :(

Initial thoughts would be to check all the engine mounts. I think you should look into the coil pack issue, changing the packs around wouldn't solve a problem (as someone already said). I think the issue may lie there, maybe a Dyno run would throw some clues up regarding fueling or anything?