Search results

1. D

Off the wall question - has anyone done a RWD conversion??

Not thought this through technically, but just wondering if anyone has done it? :D
  2. D

Quick oil filter question

I presume the CTR and DC5 fitlers are identical given they are essentailly the same engine? I tried the search too!
  3. D

How much brake fluid?

Tried search! How much does the DC5 take for a new fill?
  4. D

Rota wheels - plastic rings?

Hi all, just got some Rotas and rahter chuffed with them. One question, they come with plastic rings but not sure what they are? I guess they are spacer / centering rings but seems odd that they would be plastic. Do I need them? I have PM'd Julian but I know he's a busy chap.
  5. D

Camera mounts?

Hello :) Im off to the Ring in a month and want to film it. I have found a track camera pack but not sure where and how I can mount it. http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pr ... ?p_id=1304 Id like something between the seats, or similar angle. Has anyone got a camera setup on a stock...
  6. D

Another Gruppe M fitted!

Took the Apexi off tonight :) Bit of a bastard to fit really in that you have to cut and remove the trim at the bottom of the windscreen, and the instructions are shocking, but the quality / detail and fit of the Gruppe M is pretty amazing really. Very well thought out! Not tried it yet but...
  7. D

Artic blue - how good is your paintwork?

While I know mine definately hasn't had any panel / repray work (keen eye I have) the paintwork appears very slightly orange peely in the right light. Does anyone else have this? I know Type R's aren't given German quality paint jobs, so im not overly worried - just wondered if anyone else had...
  8. D

Cameras again...

Looking for a trackday camera setup to record the fun, but have no idea on what to use. I dont want to spend a fortune - £250 or so would be nice :) Do these look any good? http://www.trackdays.co.uk/Track-cam.htm http://www.motorsportcameras.co.uk/inde ... 0e694dc336...
  9. D

Carpet mats?

Mine are buggered - where can new ones be had from? I had some Momo ones in the Evo which were brilliant so may just go for some more!
  10. D

Decat pipes?

Is it just Spoon who make a 2-1 decat pipe?
  11. D

This car is great :)

As a lot of you may know, I decided it was a good time to sell my Evo 8 even though I didnt really want to. My aim was to get a car I could track and get a good £4500 change from the Evo. It was the DC5 or the S2000 and having had an S and not being sure I could find a good one within my...
  12. D

To manifold or not to manifold?

I have a Gruppe M on the way, and already have a Spoon back box. What im not sure on is whether to go for a manifold and leave rest of the exhaust alone, or to go for the Spoon decat and mid pipe and leave the expensive / time consuming manifold alone. I plan to get either choice K Pro'd and...
  13. D

How loud is the Spoon in comparisson? Is it a good back box?

Ok I have a Spoon back box with no silencer but not heard any of the others. On paper the Spoon is supposed to be one of the loud ones, and im normally the first to find something loud, but I find this pipe fine. Is it really louder than the majority? I have looked at the thread with the vid...
  14. D

Can someone describe the standard exhaust components?

Dont laugh but I haven't had a really good explore under the car yet :D Can anyone name each part of the system for me, pics would be good too. I imagine its a manifold (4-1?) then cat, then mid section, then back box. Im getting confused by B pipes, and aftermarket 2-1 pipes etc. Thanks!
  15. D

Shift beepers

Does anyone sell these? I have a Blitz R Vit but dont think that offers a beep. Modifry do them so thats an option.... http://www.modifry.com/products/rlb/ Any others??
  16. D

Cheapest price for Eibach springs?

Unit 8 seem good at £180. Do TGM supply and fit them? Any better prices? Ta!
  17. D

Got one!

Firstly just a quick thanks and also an apology to those who ive been PMing about their cars for sale - Zero7 / Sharpey / Adrain K / Webbie and anyone else I have forgotten. All great cars, but this one came up a few miles down the road from me (Andy / DemonKnight) and we struck a deal which...
  18. D

Standard brake setup on track

Lots of questions from me at the moment :D Having looked at the brakes, im pretty sure the Brembo calipers are going to be spot on so they wouldn't be messed with, but the discs, pads and hoses would need a look at. The front calipers are the same size as the Evo by the looks of it, but the Evo...
  19. D

Baffled sump for the Ring?

If I get a DC5 it will be going on the ring this year :) On road legal tyres would a baffled sump be advised on a DC5? I suspect not but just wanted to check. Are there any tracks which make this more of a requirement (high speed / banked / long duration bends) Cheers.
  20. D

Just been for a first test drive of a DC5...

Thanks muchly to DemonKnight - top bloke :) My car is an Evo 8 FQ300 with 386 bhp so I wasn't expecting huge things in terms of speed or grip from a DC5 but I was pleasantly surprised. The car is really responsive on the throttle, much better than the Evo and the gear change is also good -...