Search results

1. newyorkaddict

DC5 Noob: From Award Winning Scene Queen to Race Car!

PS, love that you still have the BECAUSE RaceCar sticker on the wing :lol:
  2. newyorkaddict

DC5 Noob: From Award Winning Scene Queen to Race Car!

Hey there, glad to see my old car has been passed onto loving hands. I had heard rumours of it being written off after it left me. I swapped it for a Skyline GTST as i'd moved into more of the drifting side of cars, but I always had a soft spot for my old Teg, by the way his names Ben after a...
  3. newyorkaddict

K Tuned TPS, Hall Effect Version

K Tuned Hall Effect TPS Has anyone tried the above TPS? I'm having issues on the Teg and need to get it sorted before selling. I'm on a Skunk 70mm throttle body and I've done the usual cleaning of the IACV etc. But I swapped my TPS for a cheap EBay jobbie, but wish I hadn't bothered. It solved...
  4. newyorkaddict

looking to buy a teg

Due to it getting freezing overnight, me and the missus slept in my Teg last year at JAE. Seats down, and air bed in the boot, slept like a baby, and we ain't exactly small humans!
  5. newyorkaddict

Which B-pipe does not hang too low?

My Fujitsubo is a nightmare. It scrapes in everything. I'm getting a custom one soon as it's starting to drive me nuts.
  6. newyorkaddict

K24 k20 engine build, anyone on here done it?

The TDi car is G on TRO. His is a Frankenstein'd K20/24 with stage 3 cams etc. it's an absolute beast of a car with masses of usable power. He should see between 320&340bhp once it's mapped.
  7. newyorkaddict

Carbon Bonnet

Seibon possibly?
  8. newyorkaddict

Carbon Bonnet

I was very lucky picking mine up. Porthos lives not too far from me and he knew I was looking for one to match Mugen rep wing.
  9. newyorkaddict

Carbon Bonnet

Sorry bud, but no. :lol:
  10. newyorkaddict

Carbon Bonnet

I've got a genuine Buddy Club that I got from a member on here.
  11. newyorkaddict

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Yes I drove it in the rain this morning and it felt no different to the dry. If I don't like it, I'll change it back, it's hardly the worst job in the world to do now is it?
  12. newyorkaddict

Yes 3mm each side. It's aggressive but works a treat. It means your inside wheel is already turning into the corner you're going into. Tbh you can't even see it has toe out but you can notice it when you're pushing hard.
  13. newyorkaddict

Today, sorted out the rear camber issues I was having, now all equal at 2.25 degrees, and also fitted my front camber bolts and set them up at 1.5 degrees. 3mm toe out on either side, handles like it's glued to the road. Gave it a quick spruce up for tomorrow's Brizzul meet and then drove it...
  14. newyorkaddict

Phoenix yellow dc5?

I've seen a few PY RSX's and they look good, but I think to pull it off, you need to be LOW!! I don't think it would work on a non Stanced car.
  15. newyorkaddict

Body work parts needed. Or codes.

Cheer Jammy. I'll get in touch later Jono when I'm at home and not on 3G ;)
  16. newyorkaddict

Body work parts needed. Or codes.

I'm looking for the Black Clip Blocks that hold on the front and rear bumpers. My front ones have always been a bit dodgy, but my rear ones are now screwed thanks to some idiot backing in to me at Tesco on Sunday. If anyone has the codes for them or even a decent set they want ride of, can you...
  17. newyorkaddict

whats suited to my DC5 - Skunk2 or RRC?

I've got the Skunk IM with a Skunk TB. It is very twitchy in low revs and lately I've found it very easy to nigh on stall. But the throttle response is astounding. I'm using a Thermal Gasket with it aswell just for that added little bit of heat drop. I can't compare it to an OEM as it came on...
  18. newyorkaddict

Wheel nut adapters

Tegiwa do a collar convertor on their site. Not badly priced either.
  19. newyorkaddict

Skunk2 throttle body cable problem.

It was already blanked when I got the car. Tbh the only thing I've really adjusted is the actual throttle cable. I re-routed it around the back of the block, and then took of a bit of the tension to bring my tickover down. From what I've read on the RSX forums, these TB's can be a bit fiddly to...
  20. newyorkaddict

Skunk2 throttle body cable problem.

Loads of trouble. Still having trouble but only on a rare occasion. I found routing the throttle cable around the back of the bay helped things. I'll try and get that in the pic too for you.