Search results

1. brucey87

Worth protecting my no claims with Admiral ?

Im with adrian flux who don't do multi car insurance. thought about insuring a cheap run around through the winter but the quote was £850 whilst my dc5 is only £650 as I could only use my ncb on one car. With a multi car policy can you use your ncb on both cars?
  2. brucey87

Rear Brake Discs on eBay

I went for mtec rear grooved discs. They are genuine oem discs that have been grooved so will be better quality than ebay ones.
  3. brucey87

Where to buy front bearings

I bought a koyo one from japserviceparts for around £35 I think. koyo actually make bearings for Honda anyway apparently http://japserviceparts.co.uk/integra/honda-integra-dc5-type-r-2001-on/honda-civic-type-r-ep3-s2000-integra-dc5-wheel-bearing.html
  4. brucey87

Which wheels?

Advans look better to me but buddyclubs would look better in 18"
  5. brucey87

wheel bearings

You're just being a bit unlucky mate. One of my front ones have just gone and thats after 90k miles. Only knew about it as it was my only advisory in a recent mot.
  6. brucey87

Show us your nuts!

So went for the SR35's in red. They look ok but seem to mark easily even when putting a plastic bag over them. I was using some internal drive nuts before, but the last few times taking them off they were stuck on so tight that I thought they were going to round off. before, after,
  7. brucey87

Might be a repost - Shell 5p off

Thanks for sharing. Just printed one and used it. Topped up to the brim now and saved me £2.25 :)
  8. brucey87

Miss my K-Pro :(

Midrange is where you will notice most of the gain. Definitely worth it! Vtec at 4k rpm is nice :) and only cuts in at that rpm at full throttle so can still cruise.
  9. brucey87

When did you buy your DC5?

I had mine in september 2008 when i was 21 as a second car comming from a 1.6 8v astra lol. Was a hell of a leap, but had the money so spoilt myself and still got it today.
  10. brucey87

60mm pillar triple pod what do you think (now fitted pic)

Nice work! Should of sold the design to tegiwa lol
  11. brucey87

Show us your nuts!

Has anyone got any fitted pics of the muteki SR35's in red that they can share? Just curious to see how they wear as thinking about getting some.
  12. brucey87

MOT friendly options to get a little more voice from my exhaust?

Straight through b-pipe will make it alot louder! Louder than using a decat mani. Was for me anyway.
  13. brucey87

MOT friendly options to get a little more voice from my exhaust?

Noisy exhaust is only an advisory anyway, so as long as you keep the cat on then you should be mot friendly. Theres an exhaust sound catalogue on youtube that will give you an idea on how different exhausts sound.
  14. brucey87

Fifa 13 xbox ultimate team / pro season online

I play ultimate team but on ps3. Its well addictive! lol
  15. brucey87

260hp DC5 Vs 525hp Scooby

Both cars sound nuts. Is there anymore sprint events like this comming up? I'd love to have a go at one.
  16. brucey87

fullrace turbo kit

fair enough mate. could be hard to justify 6k on a turbo kit even if its the best quality but would be interesting to see the performance of the kit. probably alot more info on the american forums though.
  17. brucey87

Suspension clicking on full lock

well lca bushes were cracked and worn so changed them, tie rod ends were worn so got new inverted ones, ball joints were worn and floppy just changed them for rca's. Il try the steering rack locator next, if no luck then i give up. As said though, prob nothing to worry about, just annoying but...
  18. brucey87

fullrace turbo kit

Tdi north sell a street turbo kit now which you can fit yourself for just around 2.5k and get you to 350bhp i think? How expensive is the fullrace kit and what extra power would you get from it?
  19. brucey87

Suspension clicking on full lock

Mine does lol. Been doing it for 4 years now and im running out of things to try to fix it. I keep getting drawn to steering arms/steering rack area though with mine. Can sometimes feel it through the steering wheel too. I have done to track days with it though so if anything were to go would...
  20. brucey87

Clunking noise at full lock!....

Its not overly low though and raised it a bit more when i put 18's on to make sure it doesn't rub. Had wheels off to check coilovers out but will have to take them off and get them checked out anyway. Just doesn't seem or sound to be coilover related tbh but would be good to tick them off the...